Super Hoover Dam Tour
Enjoy a great day with a sweet ending! At the dam you'll be treated to the exclusive, fully guided "Walk on the Top" tour over Hoover Dam. You will learn about a wide variety of dam history. Admission to the Government visitors center and exhibits is included. Admission to the generator room is optional (when operating), so very flexible if everyone in your party. Finally, enjoy a sweet stop for ice cream sundaes before your return to Las Vegas.
- Small group ensures personal service
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Fully narrated tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada
Designated Driver and step-on tour guide. After pickup by air-conditioned coach bus or mini bus (depending on tour size) your guide will entertain and inform you on the trip out to the dam, making the 45 minute drive seem to fly by. Once you arrive you'll be the envy of others as you are escorted onto the dam for our exclusive 45 minute fully guided tour (Walk on the Top tour) on top of Hoover Dam.
Things often covered on this walk are the history, concrete, electricity, water, intake towers, outlet works, cablesways, spillways, artwork, earthquakes, deaths, wages, rumors and more.
Your tour includes admission to the Government's Visitor Center and Exhibit where you will learn the history of Hoover Dam, view the numerous exhibits which explain how the dam was built, how it operates and who benefits from the water and electricity.
Optional: Generator Room is available for an additional cost.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Hoover Dam Bypass, U.S. Route 93, Las Vegas, NV
Afterwards, you'll take a "Walk on the Top" which is a fully guided comprehensive 45-minute walking tour over the top of the Dam.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada
Ready for a sweet treat? We are making a quick Ice Cream Sundae stop on the way back to Vegas.
Also on your 45 minute drive time on the return trip to Vegas your guide will talk about Las Vegas, its history, tips on shows and restaurants and/or Vegas trivia.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
- Duration: 6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 7:30 AM
- Professional guide
- Government's Visitor Center and Exhibits
- Walk On The Top Tour
- Soda/Pop - Short & Sweet stop on the return trip for an ice cream sundae or float.
- Generator Room
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is not recommended for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia, or has a pacemaker or defibrillator. Tours are conducted in confined spaces and in a powerplant with generators emitting electromagnetic frequencies.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Post COVID-19 Safety Updates - We politely request that you refrain from taking this tour should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. We do recommend guests wear a face mask, but this is not mandatory. Please be sure to bring one if you wish to wear it. All vehicles are sanitized prior to every tour and social distancing will be strongly encouraged.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Average 4.51 out of 5 stars based on 82 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
I had a wonderful time. Thank You Jason and Donald for all of the fun! Thank you for all of the great history! It was very worthwhile to see the Dam and experience this amazing project. I will get on that DAM bus again!
Was booked on a 4 hour express tour but was upgraded to this tourabout 6 I think last minute and so glad We were . Trevor the tour guide was both funny and informative the tour stops at the bridge to get great views of the dam then onto the guided tour of top and internals of the dam a short stop at the Boulder museum on the way back a little rushed in my opinion slightly longer to view all it had to offer would have been nice and lunch on way back made a great way to see the dam and overall a great trip
An excellent tour with an amazing tour guide.Thanks Jason
Really glad I took the tour - great to get out of Vegas, see something of the countryside and learn some history. Dam and views spectacular, and the little museum in Boulder was an unexpected bonus. Jason the guide was full on...... but he and Dan the driver did make the tour friendly and fun.
Very enjoyable tour.
Had a great time thought the trip was really excellent .
This was an outstanding tour-this was our first visit to Hoover Dam and Trevor, our guide, gave us great insight on the way there. He also showed us the sights as we approached the Dam and guided us on top of the Dam. Had we just driven there ourselves and taken the standard government tour, our trip would have definitely been lacking. Trevor just enhanced the whole experience and lunch at the Omelet House and visiting the Chocolate Factory on the way back was the icing on the cake. Would definitely recommend this tour and it is a bargain!
Very enjoyable tour. The guide provided plenty of info as well as had a sense of humor. I do recommend this tour.
This was both informative and fun. Why go with a boring tour company when these guys are so much better!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Las Vegas specialist!
Product code: COOL-3431FFT
Similar Tours & Activities