Grand Canyon West Rim Geology and Wildlife Photo Tour from Las Vegas
Whether you’re shooting for print or social media, capture brilliant images of scarlet cliffs, blue sky and muted desert flora on this small group photo tour of the east rim of the Grand Canyon. Your personal guide knows all the best viewpoints to capture landscapes and selfies, and can let you into the area’s secrets as well. Needless to say, your day includes door-to-door round-trip transfers.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hemenway Park, 401 Ville Drive, Boulder City, NV 89005
Some things in life you just can't rush, like the magnificent sights of the Southwest! So if you're considering a guided tour, decide on a guide that's going to invest in you by showing you the details rather than send you off alone with a quick return time to the bus. Well-informed, very personal and leisurely small group tours. That's what we do best!
Our morning begins with hotel pickup in Las Vegas around 7:00am. We'll be headed for some incredible morning views of Lake Mead in Boulder City at a very unique municipal park...one at which the wild desert bighorn sheep come down from the mountains and graze amongst the general public. It's quite a remarkable experience being at arm's length of the local wildlife.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Dolan Springs, Dolan Springs, Arizona
We'll then make our way into Arizona for a drive down the Joshua Tree Parkway. These peculiar looking plants were named by the early Mormons as they reminded them of the prophet Joshua with his outstretched arms in prayer. Indigenous to the area, they prefer to live mostly in the Mojave desert and surrounding region...and ironically enough, Israel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Grand Canyon West, 5001 Diamond Bar Road, AZ 86434
After leaving the tranquility of the joshua trees, we continue on to the main event...the west rim of the Grand Canyon! There you'll enter an awe inspiring landscape where geology tests the limits of one's imagination. Owned and operated by the Hualupai people, access to all of the viewpoints is convenient and comfortable by way of the provided shuttle service. Feeling brave? Well you can even purchase an optional ticket to the Sky Walk at the park if you can handle the view! Our guests usually spend about 3 hours here, sometimes a bit longer with the Sky Walk. Your memory card will be full of photos and you'll be good and sleepy for the ride home. :)
Door to door time for the complete experience is approximately 9 hours.
Duration: 3 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 07:00 AM
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon West
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Average 4.98 out of 5 stars based on 53 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities