Kayaking and Hiking Day Trip from Las Vegas to Sand Hollow and Snow Canyon, Utah
Our newest kayaking destination is quickly becoming our guest's favorite! Sand Hollow, with its blue-green waters and orange sandstone, is an amazing backdrop for kayaking, hiking and photography. Snow Canyon can't be beat with it's beautiful fiery red sandstone cliffs and giant black lava flows. This is the most value-packed and scenic "daycation" you could experience while in Vegas.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sand Hollow State Park, 3351 S Sand Hollow Rd, Hurricane, UT 84737-7794
Begin your day bright and early, as you are picked up from your hotel in one of our 15 passenger vans. Begin the scenic drive to Sand Hollow State Park, while passing through the depths of the Virgin River Gorge.
Upon arrival at Sand Hollow, you will help unload the kayaks (or SUPs), PFD's, paddles, and other gear. After a brief talk about safety protocol and some basic paddling instruction, you will take to the water.
Explore the lake and paddle around the small coves, stopping for photos and possibly swimming. A healthy picnic lunch can be enjoyed on the pink sand dunes or from the shade of a cottonwood tree.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Snow Canyon State Park, 1002 N. Snow Canyon Road, UT 84738
After lunch, the short drive along the scenic byway above St. George brings you to Snow Canyon. Spend the afternoon hiking amongst Utah juniper and yucca, while keeping an eye open for desert tortoise and peregrine falcons.
The area is a photographer's dream, with spring and fall being wildflower seasons. Explore the lava tubes, or enjoy watching rock climbers scale the face of a towering cliff suspended from a single rope.
Once your adventure is complete, relax and enjoy the drive back to the Las Vegas Strip around 7pm.
Duration: 3 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Desert Adventures, 1647 Boulder City Pkwy suite a, Boulder City, NV 89005, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
We will give our guests a call the day before with a more exact pick up time.
- Duration: 14 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 7:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All safety equipment
- Dry bag for your essentials
- Healthy lunch and snacks
- Hotel transportation
- In-park transfers and fees
- Performance touring kayak, Paddle and PFD
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Sand Hollow State Park
- Entry/Admission - Snow Canyon State Park
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Cancellations made at least 14 days in advance would receive a full refund less 6%.
- Cancellations within 3-6 days would receive a 25% refund.
- Cancellations within 7-13 days prior to the trip would receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds issued for cancellations within 48 hours of a trip.
- We reserve the right to cancel trips or change routes due to weather, road closures or unsafe conditions. If we do, we will reschedule, issue a credit or refund payments depending on individual circumstances.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 1 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Las Vegas specialist!
Product code: COOL-5145P9
Similar Tours & Activities