Hoover Dam Top to Bottom by Luxury SUV with Colorado River Float
Upgrade your Hoover Dam Classic experience with a 90-minute float trip on the Colorado River for an up-close view of the Dam. You’re expert guide will take you on an adventure in a Tour Trekker and provide historical facts and information as you are awed by the amazing views above and below.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Boulder City, Boulder City, Nevada
Drive through the historic Boulder City as you make your way to the Hoover Dam. Your guide will explain the area and history of this charming city.
Pass By: Lake Mead National Recreation Area, 10 Lakeshore Rd, NV 89005
Lake Mead, the country’s largest reservoir, can be seen as you arrive at the historical Hoover Dam. Your guide will explain the surrounding area and Lake Mead itself.
Stop At: Hoover Dam Lodge, 18000 US-93, Boulder City, NV 89005, USA
Check in at the Hoover Dam Lodge before joining your river guide for the rafting portion of the tour. Opportunity for a quick restroom break and view historic displays on the Hoover Dam at this stop.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Colorado River, Nevada
It’s on to the most unique element of the tour—a 90-minute float on the Colorado River for an up-close look at the dam. See the Hoover Dam itself and the bypass bridge as you travel down the river. See concrete slabs, steps and rails used to build the Dam. A snack is provided by Black Canyon while on the raft.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
Head to the Arizona side of the Hoover Dam after your raft portion of the tour. See the Dam from above and stop off at the small gift shop. After stopping off on the Arizona side, make your way down to the Nevada side for the next portion of the tour. Your guide will walk you along the Dam and narrate the area, history and some facts. Spend some free time at the Visitor Center afterwards before returning to Las Vegas.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most Las Vegas strip hotels.
- Duration: 6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:30 AM
- Fully guided tour
- Round trip transportation to/from Las Vegas hotels
- Raft fees
- Snacks - Snack (apple and cookie) provided by Black Canyon River Adventures
- Lunch - Sandwich of choice and potato chips (Gluten-free option available)
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Colorado River
- Entry/Admission - Hoover Dam
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age 3 years
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- No guests permitted w/fever over 100.40 F
- Signed liability agreement required prior to tour.
- All non-cohabiting guests must remain 6ft apart.
- All guests must wear a mask.
- All contact points on vehicles are sanitized before & after each use.
- Temperature checks required for all employees & guests.
Average 4.50 out of 5 stars based on 139 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Worth every penny and more! John, our driver/guide was beyond terrific. Ask for him! Thank you for making this such a memorable venture for our high-school-girlfriend-group!
Absolutely superb. Dont miss it.
Very nice tour! The boat ride added that extra that made it special.
This was fantastic! It provided an incredible view of the majesty of the Hoover Dam. Adding to that was the hidden view of little tunnels along the waterline of the mountainside. The silence we experienced while in the boat was..well, total silence. Recommend to all!
Really enjoyed this morning long trip that took in the full Hoover Dam experience, you will get to know everything worth knowing about the dam and more about the history around the construction. The raft ride was good and got us as close to the dam as was allowable. Jerry, our guide, was brilliant all day long and made everyone feel well looked after. Highly recommended!!
Loved this tour. If back in Vegas would do again
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Las Vegas specialist!
Product code: COOL-3533HOOVER
Similar Tours & Activities