Grand Canyon West Rim by Tour Trekker with Optional Upgrades
Travel in first-class comfort by Tour Trekker with a passionate tour guide to the Grand Canyon’s stunning West Rim. This custom built tour vehicle is equipped with plush leather captain’s chairs, extra-large viewing windows, and a flat screen DVD player for the ultimate in touring style. Take in the majestic sights from Eagle and Guano points. Then enjoy some of the most awe-inspiring views on the planet! Your adventure guide will share fascinating facts on the history, culture, geology, flora and fauna on this exceptional adventure.
You have the option to upgrade your West Rim Classic tour to combine the West Rim experience with a 16-minute helicopter ride into the canyon AND a 20-minute pontoon boat on the Colorado River; OR pair your West Rim experience with a complete tour of the Hoover Dam.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Lunch included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grand Canyon West, Pierce Ferry Road To Diamond Bar Road, AZ 86434
Head to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon to begin your day! You'll make multiple stops throughout the park including Eagle Point, home of the famous Skywalk (additional fee to experience); and Guano Point where you'll experience 360-views of the canyon and beam down at the Colorado River. Your guide will talk about the geology and mining of the canyon and will give you some free time to explore on your own.
Should you choose to upgrade your tour, you'll experience a 16-minute helicopter ride into the canyon along with a 20-minute pontoon boat ride on the Colorado River.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
Stop off at the Hoover Dam on your way back to Las Vegas for a quick photo stop. See the Mike O'Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge above that connects Nevada and Arizona. You'll also get a glimpse of the Colorado River.
Should you choose to upgrade your West Rim experience with a complete Hoover Dam tour; you'll get to experience the Power Plant tour inside the Dam, walk across the Dam with your tour guide, and enjoy some free time to check out the Visitor Center.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Colorado River, United States
You'll get a chance to see the Colorado River, which flows through seven states (five U.S. states and two Mexican states), at the West Rim of the Grand Canyon as well as at the Hoover Dam.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most Las Vegas strip hotels.
- Duration: 9 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 7:00 AM
- Fully guided tour
- Round trip transportation to/from Las Vegas hotels
- Entrance fees
- Helicopter and boat fees (if tour selected)
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon West
- Grand Canyon Skywalk tickets
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age 3 years
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- No guests permitted w/fever over 100.40 F
- Signed liability agreement required prior to tour.
- All non-cohabiting guests must remain 6ft apart.
- All guests must wear a mask.
- All contact points on vehicles are sanitized before & after each use.
- Temperature checks required for all employees & guests.
Average 4.77 out of 5 stars based on 162 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Thank-you is was a great day out. Our Drive was great and very knowledgeable. He described everything when we were driving. So we knew what we were going by. Taking the Helicopter into the Grand Canyon was fantastic...i'll do it again. As a sole traveller it was great...easy and the other 8 people were very friendly and we chatted. I felt very comfortable and safe. By the way we were there the hottest day over 118f or 43c. Our drive had lots of bottled cold water and also made many side stops to look at scenery, food and snack.
Absolutely AMAZING trip! Perfectly organised, the lovely lady Debbie who hosted was FABULOUS. It was a small group of 10, the trip there/back was 2 1/2 hours in a very comfy SUV. Debbie kept us entertained the whole way with her extensive knowledge. The helicopter with Sundance was just incredible, lunch at a local ranch, great boat trip, skywalk, then we stopped briefly at the Hoover Dam on the way back. This really is a MUST DO....not cheap, but worth every penny. Highly recommended.
A long and tiring day but brilliant. A very knowledgable driver who didn't stop giving you information all day. Helicopter ride down to the canyon floor was awesome as was the boat ride. Highly recommend.
We had the most fantastic experience doing this tour with Pink Jeep- Jeff the driver and Sundance helicopter tours. Everything was spot on from pick-up, history of Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Helicopter ride down to the canyon breathtaking ride on boat on Colorado Riverexhilarating, helicopter ride up the canyonagain breathtaking, lunch at Walapai Ranch,Grand Canyonawesome, Guano Point, cool bottled water for journey, comfort stops along the way. DO THIS TOUR. NO REGRETS!
In a word: excellent. Our tour guide Chris was friendly, helpful and a mine of information. He was ahead of time to pick me up and on the way to the West Rim we stopped at the Hoover Dam to take pictures. Bottled cold water was available throughout and there were bathroom breaks so no need to worry about keeping well hydrated!
The flight down to the river was just breath taking and I was lucky enough to get a front seat. Our pilot was friendly and exchanged a few words on the way. Once there it was a short climb down a flight of steps to the waiting boat for a trip upstream. We were treated to
both some fairly fast stretches which were exhilarating and sometimes a bit damp!, but also very slow sections so we could enjoy the peace and grandeur of the canyon. All too soon it was time to aboard the helicopter for the return leg which was just as amazing.
Then it was onto the buses to a couple of view points, the second of which we had lunch. I wasn't expecting much but it was delicious and more than I could manage. With time to shop we finally got back to our tour jeep and the trip back to LV
I'll not for get that day and thanks to Chris, Pink Jeep Tours and Sundance Helicopters.
Excellent tour from start to finish. Pick up was in a nice roomy minivan, or luxury SUV as they describe. Driver was very informative and gave us lots of great narration about the areas we were travelling through and all about the Grand Canyon and how the West Rim came to be. We arrived around 30 minutes before the crowds and did the helicopter ride without a wait. An excellent experience and my wife was not looking forward to the helicopter ride as she has a fear of flying, but really enjoyed the trip and views. We landed by the Colorado River and then took the boat ride. In a perfect world would have liked a longer boat ride not an option I am aware of but it was still ample to see the Colorado River and the view from the bottom of the Canyon to the Rim. We then got back in the helicopter and took a different route back to the landing zone. As we got back the queues for the helicopter rides were much bigger and up to a thirty minute wait. Then it was off to the area where the Skywalk is and some great views and we did the Skywalk to. On the way back we went via the Hoover Dam. We got to drive over it and then we stopped above it for some photos. Great day all in all and highly recommend.
A must do tour . Fantastic guide, lunch included was excellent water included all day . Tour includes hoover dam stop and time to take photos, refreshment/toilet stop in a little American town/settlement which was amazing to see and the Grand Canyon was Fab, the helicopter flight down to and out of canyon was amazing felt very safe and secure and the boat ride up the river is a must to see the canyon from below , loads of photo opportunities and a chance to go on the skywalk if you want to , a thoroughly amazing site not to be missed.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Las Vegas specialist!
Product code: COOL-3533COMBO
Similar Tours & Activities