Black Canyon Kayak at Hoover Dam Day Trip from Las Vegas
Leave the bustle of Las Vegas behind for a full-day kayak trip through the Black Canyon on the Colorado River. Perfect for paddlers of all skill levels, this trip covers several miles of calm water near Hoover Dam, with stops to explore caves, beaches, hot springs and canyons. Throughout the day, your experienced guide points out wildlife, historical sites, hidden inlets and beautiful hikes along the river. Kayaking equipment, instruction, and lunch are included; you just need to bring your personal gear (think cameras and hats) for a great day on the water!
- Likely to Sell Out
- All necessary equipment included
- Lunch included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Our most popular Colorado River Experience! This exciting and adventurous day on the river is the best value for those wanting the most "bang for their buck." You need only show up with a smile and ready for fun!
This section of Black Canyon is moving flat-water, it is not a whitewater trip. It is perfect for all levels of paddlers. Your day will begin as you meet your guide and prepare for the thrilling ride down the Lower Portal Road - the only road to the base of Hoover Dam. As you drop 1100' in elevation, the mighty Hoover Dam presents itself.
Your guide will show you unique and hidden places such as Gold Strike Canyon, Lone Palm Canyon, Arizona Hot Springs, Emerald Cave and many other treats. You may see big horn sheep, bald eagles, coyotes, red-tail hawks, turkey vultures, striped bass, and more.
Remember to wear a bathing suit for soaking in the natural hot springs. Your day will also include a picnic lunch on a secluded beach that will provide you with million dollar views. Paddle into Emerald Cave and check out the historic catwalk.
Your day ends at Willow Beach, where an air-conditioned shuttle will transport you back to your hotel on the Las Vegas Strip.
• The Las Vegas Strip, S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA
• Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
• Arizona Hot Springs, 601 Nevada Way, Las Vegas, NV 89005-2488
• Colorado River, Nevada
• Willow Beach, Willow Beach, Arizona
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Desert Adventures, 1647 Boulder City Pkwy suite a, Boulder City, NV 89005, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available from most hotels on the Las Vegas Strip. Pick up from your Hotel is generally between 5:30 and 6:00am. We will call you the day before to give you a more exact pick up time.
- Duration: 12 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 6:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All necessary equipment (life vest, helmet, kayak)
- Permit (non-refundable once booked)
- Professional guide
- Safety and paddling instruction
- Lunch, bottled water and snacks
- Dry bag for personal belongings
- In-park transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Important: In order for the local operator to obtain the necessary permits for this tour ALL traveler names must be provided as they appear on a government issued ID such as a driver's license or passport. Your tour will not be confirmed unless all names are provided.
- Please note once reservation is confirmed the local operator is required to purchase a launch permit (USD 34). This is non-refundable.
- All travelers MUST bring a government issued ID on the day of the tour
- WE DO HAVE A REFUND POLICY THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN THE OPTION TRIP ADVISOR GIVES YOU!
- LAUNCH PERMITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERRABLE.
- ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR CANCELLATIONS WITHIN 48 HOURS OF TRIP.
- Cancellations made at least 14 days in advance will receive a full refund, minus a 6% processing fee.
- Cancellations made within 7-13 days will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made within 3-6 days will receive a 25% refund.
- Any changes in date, time, or name will require the purchase of new permits at full price, and may incur a rescheduling fee.
- Routes and trips are proposed and may change.
- We reserve the right to change routes, cancel, or reschedule trips due to weather, wind, or unsafe conditions. Desert Adventures does not cancel trips due to rain.
- If the trips departs as scheduled, the above cancellation policy will apply.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A hearty boxed lunch is included. Our sandwich options are: Ham, Turkey, BLT, PB&J, Veggie Wrap, Chicken Caesar Wrap or Chef Salad
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Average 4.90 out of 5 stars based on 68 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
For the outdoor adventurer this is a must destination event. Spend the extra for the guided tour. The views are spectacular. 10 stars if I could.
Beautiful trip! Awesome guide! Would do it again in a heartbeat! Looking forward to the multi day trip
Antonio made our kayak trip down the Black Canyon a memorable experience for us. He was knowledgeable, courteous, answered all of our questions and really took care of us during our journey! I would highly recommend this trip to see Black Canyon and have a chance to paddle the Colorado! Loved the hot springs hikes, saw big horn sheep up close, and had a fabulous lunch on the beach! And of course, got to experience Emerald Cave! An amazing day of adventure! Also loved the hotel pick up/drop off part of this trip and thanks to Neil for taking care of us for that part!
Very enjoyable and informative... Loved the lunch! Fun seeing the various animals and natural attractions along the way like the big horn sheep, various plants, old mining places, and hot springs.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Las Vegas specialist!
Product code: COOL-5145BCK
Similar Tours & Activities