El Dorado Wine Country Tour from South Lake Tahoe
Discover more of the Lake Tahoe region than the lake itself on this day trip to El Dorado wine region, just west of South Lake Tahoe in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada. With a knowledgeable wine guide, you’ll visit six area wineries, known for their welcoming and rustic atmospheres. Plus, stop by Boa Vista, one of the region’s many fruit orchards, and enjoy an alfresco lunch amid towering oak trees. Round-trip transportation from South Lake Tahoe is included.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Boa Vista Orchards, 2952 Carson Rd, Placerville, CA 95667-5113
Guests will have a chance to sample local produce and taste goods
from the bakery. Wine Tasting is also included.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Boeger Winery, 1709 Carson Rd., Placerville, CA 95667-5195
This is one of the oldest wineries in the region where guests will get a tour of Boeger and learn about the rich history. Wine Tasting of course is included as well.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Jodar Vineyards, 2392 Gravel Rd, Placerville, CA 95667-9059
Guests will be wine tasting at this scenic winery, also picnic lunch will be provided as well
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Crystal Basin Cellars, 3550 Carson Rd, Camino, CA 95709-9330
Wine tasting - optional. $5.00 charge but will be waived with the
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Placerville Historical Museum, Placerville, CA
Capital of El Dorado County
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort departure time: 7:55am
Marriott Resorts departure time: 8:00am
MontBlue casino departure time: 8:05am
- Duration: 7 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Transport by air-conditioned shuttle bus or coach
- Wine tasting fees at first 3 wineries
- Picnic lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Boeger Winery
- Entry/Admission - Jodar Vineyards
- Tasting fees at additional winery or microbrewery, waived with purchase
- Entry/Admission - Crystal Basin Cellars
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be 21 years old to consume alcohol
- It is recommended that you bring water
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Average 4.65 out of 5 stars based on 46 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Snowshoe John is absolutely fabulous. His knowledge of the area and the history made the bus ride even more enjoyable. Lunch was incredibly good and no where near any box lunch level. The wineries were wonderful, especially Chateau Davall. My future daughter-in-law and I enjoyed every minute and are enjoying all our purchases!
This was so much fun and I highly recommend it for first time and returning visitors. Again, Snowshoe John was our host and he was entertaining and informative. Jodar was a wonderful winery with great wines, and Mitch the Wine Guy was very fun! Thanks, Suzanne and Vicki
The scenery was gorgeous and the weather perfect for a day in the wine country. Our guide, Snowshoe John, was very knowledgeable about the area and entertaining as well. Highly recommended!
Great trip ! After a beautiful informative drive you arrive in wine country. Everyone at all the wineries were super nice and a lot of fun. Enjoyed a great lunch at the third winery. After lunch you were given the option to either visit a another winery or visit a craft brewery which we chose to do. Fun way to spend a day !
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Lake Tahoe specialist!
Product code: COOL-6508WINE
Similar Tours & Activities