SoCal Riviera Electric Bike Tour of La Jolla and Mount Soledad
On this 2.5-hour guided tour you'll use powerful electric bikes to meander through the sun-soaked hills of Mount Soledad, San Diego’s highest coastal point with sweeping 360-degree views, all the way down to La Jolla Coves to watch California sea lions play along the majestic shoreline. Discover La Jolla, the Jewel by the Sea, where the French Riviera meets Beverly Hills.
Spanish speaking tour guides available for private tours, call for availability.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get inside tips from a local
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Free snacks included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
The tour will begin with a morning or afternoon orientation at the shop. When the group is comfortable you’ll head through the village, stopping at the Children's Pool to see the harbor seals with their pups. Cruise through the coastal neighborhoods of La Jolla, home to the most expensive real estate in San Diego, which helps is live up to its plush reputation. You’ll follow the coast down to Windan Sea Beach, famous from early Beach Boys videos, where San Diego’s most elite surfers come to play.
The La Jolla Bike Path will take you north, with gorgeous views of the ocean as you roll along. The climb up Mt. Soledad will be the most fun you’ve ever had riding up a mountain, as the other cyclists and drivers watch in disbelief as you cruise up with little effort. At the top you’ll explore the Mt. Soledad Memorial and take in the 360-degree views from San Diego’s highest coastal point. The exhilarating ride down the mountain will take you through little-known and beautiful neighborhoods, perched on the mountainside.
As you head back to the coast the tour will stop at La Jolla Coves to check out the playful California sea lions, dramatic sea caves and tide pools. Follow your guide through La Jolla’s exclusive and luxurious neighborhoods to get the inside scoop.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 7444 Girard Ave, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional tour guide/host
- Powerful electric bike
- Cold bottled water
- Handlebar bag on bike for personal item, free lockers at the tour shop for storage during tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (available for an additional charge at select hotels)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Maximum 14 people allowed per booking- for larger groups, call for availability.
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Please wear appropriate shoes for bicycling
- Please alert us if anyone in your party is 5'2" tall or under
- Maximum rider weight is 240 lbs. (Our other tours have higher maximum rider weights)
- MUST be able to ride a bicycle
- This tour requires 2 guests to run- single riders can call to join a tour that is already scheduled.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 25 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
The bikes were wonderful, the guide friendly and informative. Frequent stops to see the wild life, the scenery and some neighborhoods. Decidedly worth the time and money. The top of Soledad mountain, the coves of La Jolla, the ease of the bikes in handling the terrain and the distance made this memorable. Thank you to our guide who's enthusiasm and energy added that special extra.
Peter was a great guide! Knowledgeable about all the sites and the background of all the neighborhoods we passed through.The bikes were awesome. A much better assist than I expected. Jump on the pedals regardless of how steep the terrain is and you are sailing along up the hill. A lot of fun and a bit of a workout.
I was a bit nervous about going on a 13.5 mile bike ride, but this one was no problem at all. You still have to pedal, but the bike does the heavy lifting. Very steep hills were a breeze. Our guide Ty was excellent at explaining how the bikes worked, safety, and what was coming up next on the ride. The beaches, wildlife and the beautiful homes were incredible. He took time for us to stop and take pictures. Didnt feel rushed at all. Ty was a running encyclopedia of fun facts and trivia. His enthusiasiam for his work made the trip that much more enjoyable. I highly recommend this bike trip and Ty.
We had an absolute blast on this tour. I booked it for my husband and another couple. I was a little nervous that the other couple would not be as adventurous as we are, but I think they loved it even more than we did. We loved seeing the sea lions, homes of some stars, and using the electric feature of the bikes to ride up to the memorial. We still talk about this tour two and a half years later. Highly recommend.
What a fabulous experience and tour! This is the best way to explore the beautiful sights of La Jolla. Ty was our tour guide and he was fantastic. He was extremely knowledgeable about the area, including flora and fauna. It was the absolute highlight of our trip. If you are considering a tour of La Jolla, this is the best!
Tyler was full of fun facts about the La Jolla area and a lot of fun! The tour was amazing. The tour gets a 10.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool La Jolla specialist!
Product code: COOL-8630P1