Key West PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Certification
Go deeper into the world of Scuba with PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification. Expand your skills and experience, qualify for pro-level dive training.
- Earn a Level II Scuba certification that is recognized worldwide.
- Qualify for dives to deep recreational depths (130 ft. max).
- Enjoy a low instructor/student ratio in your course.
- Log 5 specialty dives in open water. Train with top-quality dive gear.
- Explore Key West's living coral reefs and sunken shipwrecks.
- Take your diving skills and experience to the next level.
- Fulfill prerequisites for PADI advanced specialty dives.
Are you ready to go deeper into the world of Scuba diving? If you are already an Open Water Diver with a CMAS 1-star certification from PADI or another diving agency such as SSI, NASE, SAA, NAUI, or BSAC, you are eligible to expand your knowledge of diving with the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
If you are a new diver, the Advanced Open Water Diver course is a great follow-up to the basic Open Water course. It will let you get more dives in your log while continuing to work with a PADI instructor. You will build on what you learned in Open Water while developing new skills with five specialty adventure dives including deeper diving to depths of 60-130 feet, and underwater navigation that will test your ability to use a dive compass in low-visibility conditions. You will also choose 3 more adventure dives from specialties including peak performance buoyancy, underwater naturalist, or boat diver. If you are an experienced diver, the Advanced Open Water course is the logical next step to take you further into a great sport, or refresh your skills if you have not been in the water for a while.
Key West is an ideal place to get your Advanced Open Water Diver certification because of the wide variety of available dive sites and water conditions. Dive on a deep reef in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary; for example, the Marquesas Reef Line with its coral caves. Try one of the few mini-wall dives in Florida out at Ten-Fathom Bar, where a beautiful wall drops from 30 to 130 feet. Dive on some of the many wrecks off Key West, like the 500-foot long USNS General Hoyt S. Vandenberg, the largest wreck in the Keys, lying at a depth of 140 feet just 6 miles SSE of Key West.
After you attain your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification, you are eligible to sign up for a wider range of dive trips in Key West and around the world. You may also begin work on advanced specialty courses like the PADI Search and Recovery Diver, Rebreather Diver, Emergency First Response Provider, and more. Moreover, your Advanced Open Water card will open the door to the next level: Rescue Diver, the gateway to professional certifications like Divemaster and Open Water Scuba Instructor.
Our Advanced Open Water Scuba Certification course usually takes about two full days, with two dives on the first day and three dives on the second day. The dives include a mixture of both reef dives and shipwreck dives. Pay the course registration fee, buy the course texts or register to use the new PADI online training materials, and you are ready to begin. All necessary dive equipment, live instruction, dive transportation, and dive master guide services are included. Take this opportunity to let Cool Destinations and Southpoint divers help you earn your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification among the awesome reefs and wrecks of Key West.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 Days
- Check-in time: Please check in 30 minutes before the activity start time.
- One day of classroom instruction
- Two days of pool work and guided diving
- All necessary equipment and instruction
- Gratuities (Optional)
- All necessary equipment and instruction
- Five guided boat dives Not included: Course text and materials as needed. (Available for purchase onsite.)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Likely To Sell Out
Spaces are extremely limited this time of year so book early to ensure the date you want.
Voucher Confirmation Info
This tour accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You can either print the voucher and present a paper copy on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone number, will be included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Similar Tours & Activities