Princeville Botanical Gardens Tour and Chocolate Tasting Ticket
This 3-hour walking tour covers every corner of Princeville Botanical Gardens and includes a 50 minute gourmet chocolate tasting from around the world. You'll see & learn about the cacao tree and how chocolate is processed and sample our own delicious chocolate.
Your friendly guide will share stories of the gardens' development and a wealth of fascinating information about the plants. You'll taste seasonal fruit samples and homemade honey to keep your energy up as you explore our valleys.
This is a chocolate and garden experience unlike any other on Kauai.
During the Covid-19 Pandemic, our tours are limited to 9 guests. All guests will be required to wear a mask and upon arrival will have their temperatures taken.
Mahalo nui loa for your understanding.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Ideal choice for families
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Visit: Princeville Botanical Gardens, 3840 Ahonui Pl, Princeville, Kauai, HI 96722-5530
Begin the tour by exploring the upper terraces and the uses of the plants living in Waimea Valley. Find exotic flowers, rare medicinals, happy honey hives and t the bottom of the valley, small cacao grove thrives. Here, taste some raw chocolate nibs and learn about how chocolate is grown and harvested. When you leave the Valley, head to our outdoor chocolate tasting area, where you'll learn about modern and historical chocolate processing methods. You'll sample at least 5 different single-origin chocolates from around the world. After relaxing in the shade and enjoying the chocolate, back on your feet to explore our Anini Creek valley, another wonderland of rare plants, stunning topography, and fascinating sustainable cultivation techniques.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 09:30 AM
- Tour escort/host
- Fruit samples
- Gourmet chocolate tasting
- Entry/Admission - Princeville Botanical Gardens
- Insect repellant is available for use and also purchase
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tours operate in rain or shine
- We recommend being prepared for a walk in the woods: bring good walking shoes, bug spray, and a rain jacket
- Parents must accompany their child at all times. Further, in consideration of all guests, we ask that parents make an honest assessment of their child's/children's temperament
- Moderate mobility is a must for our garden terrain. There are several sets of stairs throughout the tour and uphills and downhills on loose gravel
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Each party will receive their own tasting box for the chocolate tasting. Guests will be outdoors in the fresh Hawaiian air for their entire experience.
Average 4.84 out of 5 stars based on 152 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities