The Blue Bus Glacier Express Is a fully narrated trip to the Mendenhall Glacier
“The Blue Bus“ is a no frills direct express trip to the Mendenhall Glacier. The knowledgeable guides will narrate about historic Juneau, gold mining and wildlife on your drive to and from the Glacier. You choose when you want to go and you choose when you want to come back. We call that the Anytime Express. It allows you to stay an hour or eight hours if you choose to do so and take advantage of the trails, visitor Center, and wildlife viewing to the fullest extent.
Blue Bus runs to and from the Glacier every 30 minutes on all ship days.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mendenhall Glacier, Mendenhall Valley, Juneau, AK
Our knowledgeable guide will narrate on the drive to the Mendenhall glacier. You’ll hear stories of Historic Downtown Juneau and the mining days. Learn of our black bears whales and bald eagles. The blue bus glacier express runs every 30 minutes most days from the Mount Roberts tramway parking lot to the glacier. Some days it is every hour. Please check the last return with your driver. While at the glacier be sure to visit the glacier visitor Center building and Gift Shop. See the film about the glaciers and how they are formed. The national forest service imposes a five dollar fee for entry into the visitor center but that fee is included in the cost of your tour. Don’t miss nugget falls. One of the most fabulous sites of nature near Juneau. When returning to downtown remember “The Blue Bus” picks up right where It dropped you off at and that is at the “Bear stop“
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 to 8 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 5/1/2022 - 10/20/2022
5/1/2023 - 10/20/2023
Monday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM Tuesday: 07:30 AM - 07:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Monday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM Tuesday: 07:30 AM - 07:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Mendenhall Glacier
- Gratuity for your Driver Guide is not included
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 44 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face mask are required to be worn by all guest and crew when on the bus due to DOT regulations.
Average 4.29 out of 5 stars based on 7 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities