Hollywood Hills Hike: Explore Griffith Park and Hollywood Sign
Griffith Park is California's 2nd largest park, so we're excited to take you on one of the best Los Angeles tours out there! Our team of CPR/First Aid certified guides are photographers, entertainers, history buffs, and (most importantly) professionals. Hike Griffith Park with us to discover the Hollywood Sign and tour Griffith Observatory as we regale you with how Hollywood became the entertainment capital of the world.
Hollywood Sign – Griffith Park Observatory – Greek Theatre – Mount Hollywood – Downtown LA – Famous Film Locations – Forest Lawn Mausoleum – LA River – Century City – Silverlake – Hollywood History and so much more
*(Observatory is closed Mondays)
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Los Angeles River, 2960 Marsh St, Los Angeles, CA 90039-2911
View from above
Stop At: Griffith Observatory, 2800 E. Observatory Rd., Los Angeles, CA 90027-1299
Enter one of the most iconic landmarks in Los Angeles to experience an extensive array of space and science-related displays
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Griffith Park, 4730 Crystal Springs Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027-1401
The entire experience takes place inside the storied Griffith Park, and we'll showcase all of its fascinating history
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Hollywood Sign, Los Angeles, CA 90068
Get the best Instagram pix of the Hollywood sign from Tiffany Point
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Los Feliz, Los Angeles, CA
View from above
Stop At: Hollywood Hills, 2917-2981 Runyon Canyon Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90046, Los Angeles, CA
The entire experience takes place in the Hollywood Hills
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: Forest Lawn Memorial Park - Hollywood Hills, 6300 Forest Lawn Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90068-1018
View from above of one of the most famous cemeteries in the world.
Pass By: The Greek Theatre, 2700 N Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027-1247
We'll meet at the Greek Theatre and during the experience we'll tell you how the historic theater came to be gifted to the city.
Pass By: Bikes And Hikes LA, Los Angeles, CA 90046
We're your hosts for this experience, and we do 3 daily hiking tours and 3 daily biking tours.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 2700 N Vermont Canyon Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 2.5-hour hike
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Plenty of Instagrammable moments
- Entry/Admission - Griffith Observatory
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in with your guide. There are other guests on the tour and we can not wait for latecomers.
- Guests must have a beginner to intermediate fitness expectation and be able to comfortably walk 3.5 - 4 miles.
- Closed-toe shoes are required and layers are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Young children welcome but should be able to hike on their own
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
Average 4.80 out of 5 stars based on 122 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Wonderful.. we like the experience and pictures taken.. Jorge explained all the history about the places visited
We had a wonderful time on our hike! Our guides were awesome and very knowledgeable and the views were spectacular! On another note, being afraid of heights, the path we took on the way up was extremely scary for me. They are VERY narrow and you will fall a long, long way down if you slip. I do not recommend that route if you are also afraid of heights. The path we came back on was much wider and much more comfortable for me.
Kate did a great job keeping us all engerized on the hike. We had a variety of ages on the hike aand Kate's was very patient. Kate kept us entertained with stories of Griffith Park and LA. She is also a fabulous photographer.
Hot day. Made it harder for me to hike. Leader was patient Very informative and amazing to see the city from that perspective on a pretty clear day.
I am not a hiker...but I loved this adventure. Parking can be tricky so arrive early. But know that it is easy to find the front of the Greek theater and the guides are on time and ready to greet you. We had a large number of us this past Saturday, so we were split into two groups. We had Kate. She was FANTASTIC!! She encouraged us to know each other, ask questions and have a great hike. She told amazing stories, pointed out great landmarks, and just made for an enjoyable hike. I will be recommending this hike and Kate to my fellow travelers and locals. We are from LA and decided to play tourist for the day. Kate and the Hike to see the sign did not disappoint. My kids (15 and 11) we not in the mood to do this adventure until they got going with Kate and now want to take their cousins. I just cannot say thank you enough and how lucky we were to get Kate.
Ally was so fun! We had a blast hiking and learning about the LA area. From food, entertainment, history, and fun stories, the hike was one of the highlights of our trip.
Best tour guides ever.....I will recommend that tour to everyone I know....the showed us awesome views of the Hollywood sign and the whole city....
Fantastic tour and guide!
Would highly recommend.
A different to see LAX in nature. The guide was great.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-5569HIKE
Similar Tours & Activities