“Hocus Pocus” Movie Locations Walking Tour
Come celebrate the 26th Anniversary of Disney's blockbuster, Hocus Pocus! Starring Better Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy, Hocus Pocus has become one of the most beloved movies of the 20th century. The majority of the movie was filmed in Salem in 1993. We will take you to 5 of the locations used in the filming. Your ticket price includes a donation to help preserve Pioneer Village, as well as a special Hocus Pocus gift!
Along the way, you will also hear about the Salem Witch Trials, the maritime history, how we became the "Witch City", visit 17th century homes and take in ocean views!
*There is a considerable amount of walking (over 3 miles), so please take that into account before booking. The tour ends in a different location than the start.
Tours meet at the entrance to the parking lot at the Pioneer Village sign.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salem 1630: Pioneer Village, Forest River Park, Salem, MA 01970
You will start the Hocus Pocus movie tour in Pioneer Village, the oldest living history museum in the United States. You will have time to stroll at your own pace and take photos before we head to our next stop.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ropes Mansion, 318 Essex St, Salem, MA 01970-3257
Ropes Mansion would be recognized by Hocus Pocus enthusiasts as Alison's house from the movie.
Stop At: Salem Old Town Hall, 32 Derby Sq, Salem, MA 01970-3704
One of the top sites in downtown Salem for Hocus Pocus movie fans.
Stop At: Salem Common, Washington Sq, Salem, MA 01970
Salem Common is a large common green space in central Salem.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 98 West Ave, Salem, MA 01970, USA
- Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 2:00 PM
- Return Details: Ropes Mansion and Garden, 318 Essex St, Salem, MA 01970, USA
- 2 hour 15 minute "Hocus Pocus" Movie Locations Walking Tour
- Visit the 5 locations used in the filming of Disney's hit movie, Hocus Pocus
- Your ticket price includes a donation to help preserve historic Pioneer Village
- Entry/Admission - Salem 1630: Pioneer Village
- No exclusions
- Entry/Admission - Ropes Mansion
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Approximately 3 miles of walking expected during tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
Average 3.00 out of 5 stars based on 2 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
We met at pioneer village per the instructions we received from the booking on Cool Destinations.com. The tour guide was on the phone trying to direct the other tourists to the same location because apparently they didn’t all get the same message we did. We tried to wait for them and killed some time in pioneer village but they didn’t come so we continued without them. One of our first stops was the Dennison house and it was SO cool. There were props and opportunities for photos. From there it definitely was a lot of walking through the city to a few of points of interest. She went over some of the history of the city and the witch trials. Overall it was a good tour but because of the waiting at the beginning for the misdirected travelers we were rushed thru or past some of the better things. This was our first visit to Salem and the tour guide was very knowledgeable as she is a teacher.
The tour has its pros and cons.Pros: lots of walking, seeing a different side of Salem, some scenes from the movie.Cons: doesn’t focus on the movie just shows few landmarks, not a lot of continual info on the tour, meeting location is far from the center, and lots of walking. Salem is a magical place and the guide was pleasant but I wouldn’t advise this tour for the true Hocus Pocus enthusiast.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-37124P5
Similar Tours & Activities