Self-Drive 1-Day Grand Canyon Whitewater Rafting Tour
Experience a thrilling adventure as you raft down the mighty Colorado River along the sheer cliffs of the Grand Canyon. Also included in this exciting white water rafting day trip from either Flagstaff or Las Vegas is a 4,000-foot (1,200-meter) helicopter transfer to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
- Instant Confirmation
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colorado River, Nevada
Your native Hualapai guide will guide you through class 3 to class 6 rapids on your 40-mile (64km) journey through the Grand Canyon. Stops are made throughout the trip so you can discover hidden canyons and waterfalls, including Tavertine Waterfall. A boxed lunch is included which you can enjoy in the solitude of the canyon. Be sure to bring your camera for incredible photo opportunities!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Grand Canyon West, Pierce Ferry Road To Diamond Bar Road, AZ 86434
If selected, your rafting tour will end on board a 6-seater A-Star helicopter for your short transfer 4,000 feet to the rim of the Grand Canyon.
This tour is likely to sell out so book early!
Note: The Grand Canyon operates on a 1-10 scale of rapids vs the worldwide I-VI classification
Duration: 3 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: Hualapai Lodge, 900 AZ-66, Peach Springs, AZ 86434, USA
2: Las Vegas, NV, USA
3: Sedona, AZ 86336, USA
4: Flagstaff, AZ, USA
5: Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, USA
- Duration: 17 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- White Water Rafting tour
- 6-minute helicopter transfer (if option selected)
- Local guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Round-trip transportation from Las Vegas (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon West
- Hotel pickup and drop off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Please note: The helicopter ascent is weather permitting and if this is canceled, alternate transportation will be provided.
- Transportation option is only available from Las Vegas. Transportation is not available from Flagstaff.
- Please note: rescheduling within 30 days of date of travel will result in a USD$25 fee per person.
- Important: In order for local operator to confirm this tour ALL traveler names must be provided as they appear on a government issued ID such as a driver's license or passport. Your tour will not be confirmed unless all names are provided.
- All travelers MUST bring a government issued ID on the day of the tour
- If helicopter option is selected:Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 300lbs (136kg/21st) will be required to purchase an additional seat for USD90. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- We recommend you wear shorts and a T-shirt made with fast-drying material and a swimsuit underneath. Also, wear tennis shoes or river-type sandals (not flip-flops) and sun block.
- We recommend you bring a light backpack, a hat with a retention strap, sunglasses, waterproof or Ziploc bag for your camera, and money (for souvenirs and tips). Please do not bring valuables.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 84 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- The only place that a face mask is required is on the Bus ride to the base of the Grand Canyon. We supply a mask for everyone in your group. If you are a self driver you will receive your mask from the tour operators at the meeting location.
Average 4.59 out of 5 stars based on 37 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
I booked this trip for my husband’s 30th birthday! It’s was so much better than we imagined! Tips: you will get wet and be in those wet clothes the whole time (but you also dry quickly)! Bring your camera with extra memory! They provide water the entire day and provide lunch! Wear sunscreen and a protective hat, you are in the sun most of the day! Shorty was our guide and he was amazing! Bring cash to tip your guide!
We had an amazing time. We plan to do it again sometime. Totally worth the money spent. Our boat driver was Gina, we LOVED her!!
This was a trip of a lifetime with my family. It was more than I expected: cliff diving, rock repelling, etc, etc. Joseph our trip leader was the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was so responsive to our needs and always answered our questions no matter how silly. We loved the whole experience and the helicopter ride was a 1st and only wished that it was longer.
Trip of a lifetime!
Fantastic day of adventure for all the family which will stay with us for many years!
It as AWESOME!! It was everything we were hoping for and more. I would recommend this trip to anyone looking for a white water rafting trip, I am 63 years old and this trip was FANTASTIC!! I is a trip for all ages.
Was a fabulous experience , staff and guides great. A fantastic lunch on the shore and a excellent hike to a water fall. I highly recommend this to everyone.
The drive down to the canyon was spectacular with blooming cacti. I would recommend fast drying clothes and a chnge of clothes at this time of the year. The ride after lunch got chilly for the people in jeans. The ponchos did not bring enough protection. Everthing else was stellar and worth the mone
Was a fabulous experience , staff and guides great, however we still have not recieved our photos which were promised
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-5167SD
Similar Tours & Activities