Grand Canyon Landmarks Tour by Airplane with Optional Hummer
See some of the most striking scenery the Grand Canyon has to offer on this morning or afternoon fixed-wing airplane flight. Soar over the eastern part of the canyon, admiring Zuni Point, the Desert View Watchtower, Point Imperial, the Painted Desert and the Kaibab National Forest. Take advantage of once-in-a-lifetime photo opportunities as in-flight narration provides facts, figures and historical anecdotes about the sights you see. This scenery-packed tour provides an excellent overview of the Grand Canyon in a short amount of time.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grand Canyon South Rim, Highway 64, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
Set off from Grand Canyon National Park Airport on your morning or afternoon airplane tour of Grand Canyon landmarks. As you ride aboard a comfortable Vistaliner plane with panoramic windows, listen to narration about the geologic forces that helped create the dramatic canyon and surrounding terrain and the various peoples who have lived there.
Keep your camera ready as you fly over Zuni Point — one of the few lookouts on the South Rim without a road or trail — and marvel at the crimson canyon and plateau covered with cacti. Continue through the Zuni Corridor and see the Confluence of the Colorado and Little Colorado Rivers. Glimpse at the gorgeous colors of the Painted Desert in the distance. See the remote North Rim, including its highest viewpoint, Imperial Point. Admire the Kaibab Plateau and dense greenery of the Kaibab National Forest before returning to Grand Canyon National Park Airport at the conclusion of your 40-minute aerial tour.
Add another level of adventure on board a Hummer specifically designed for sightseeing. This Hummer features include an open-air cab with stadium-like seating for optimal viewing. Travel to some of the most popular viewpoints within the Grand Canyon accompanied by a knowledgeable driver-guide. Learn interesting facts and the history of the canyon while traveling to each viewpoint. Take in and capture the beauty of the canyon from viewpoints that may include Duck on a Rock, Yavapai Point, and Moran Point. After experiencing this natural wonder from above and by ground, return to the Hummer depot with memories and photos to last a lifetime!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Airport Road, Airport Rd, Grand Canyon Village, AZ 86023, USA
- Duration: 40 to 270 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 40-minute scenic air tour by fixed-wing airplane
- 2-hour Hummer tour (if option selected)
- Professional and Knowledgeable Driver-Guide (if Hummer option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 2-hour Hummer tour (if option not selected)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant children are considered a lap child if they are under the age of two and have proof of age, such as a passport or a copy of their birth certificate
- All passengers 18 years of age and older must present government-issued photo ID
- If hummer option of the tour is selected, children 5 years of age and younger will be supplied with a car seat or booster seat
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing 300lbs. and over will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- Infant seats available
- If Hummer option is selected, live English commentary is provided.
- Most travelers can participate
- Post COVID-19 Safety Updates - We politely request that you refrain from taking this tour should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, or if you are at a high risk of contracting the disease. Upon entry to the terminal, there will be a temperature check of all guests. If a guest has higher than 100.4 degrees, then they are unable to travel. Face masks will be mandatory since social distancing is not able to be practiced in the plane. Social distancing will be practiced in vehicles and on the ground. All high-touch stations will be sanitized after each guest and vehicles / planes will be sanitized before and after each trip. Deep cleaning is done in the terminal each night. Tours that include food and/or beverage service will be limited to packaged items and distributed by employees with gloves and appropriate protective equipment.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 36 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-6338P13
Similar Tours & Activities