Grand Canyon East Rim Drive by Jeep and IMAX Movie
Departing from the South Rim, this scenic Jeep tour takes you through Grand Canyon National Park along East Rim Drive to show you the Grand Canyon’s most spectacular highlights. Enjoy amazing views of the canyon’s stunning colors and rock formations while learning about the region’s history and geology from your guide. In addition to your Grand Canyon tour, watch a fascinating Grand Canyon IMAX movie at the National Geographic Visitor Center.
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duck On A Rock Viewpoint, Grand Canyon Village, AZ 86023, USA
Learn about erosion, canyon formation, local flora and fauna
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Grandview Point, South Rim, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Learn about the history of Grandview Hotel, the local flora and fauna, and snap photos! Enjoy a short walk
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Grand Canyon Desert View Watchtower, Desert View Dr. Grand Canyon, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
Enjoy a short walk and some free time at the Desert View Watchtower. Learn about the history of the watchtower and Mary Coulter
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Pipe Creek Vista, E Rim Dr Grand Canyon Village, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
Quick photo stop and a short walk is next on the itinerary. Stop off at Pipe Creek Vista and talk about the trails and hiking at the Canyon. Learn about the human history of the area
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Grand Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
Your tour starts at the National Geographic IMAX Theater where you'll watch an awe-inspiring film in the air-conditioned comfort of the IMAX theater. The 34-minute Grand Canyon IMAX movie opens your eyes to a Grand Canyon that most people don’t know about. Showing you glimpses of human and geological history from 4,000 years ago to today, the movie immerses you in the history, mystery and unparalleled beauty of one of the most famous natural wonders in the world.
Duration: 34 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 450 AZ-64, Grand Canyon Village, AZ 86023, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels)
- Fully guided tour
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- If the Day Tour is selected, please provided your preferred departure time in the Special Requirements field at check- out
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- No guests permitted w/fever over 100.40 F
- Signed liability agreement required prior to tour.
- All guests must wear a mask.
- All contact points on vehicles are sanitized before & after each use.
- Temperature checks required for all employees & guests.
Average 4.53 out of 5 stars based on 34 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Karla was out driver. She was so knowledgeable,nice and drove beautifully.We loved her.
Having a guide is what makes the east rim even better. You can get to all these beautiful stops via shuttle or with your own car, but having a tour guide tell you about the history of the area and canyons is what makes this a special experience since my husband and I like to learn. Our guide William was very knowledgeable about how the canyon was formed, what each layer of the rocks were made up of and many other interesting facts. We did the sunset tour, so we stopped at Desert View where the Watchtower is to see it although it was closed on the inside so we couldn't go to the top. You can also see the Colorado River and the start of the grand canyon from this stop. We had a great time. Recommend a jacket or wind breaker as it got pretty chilly and windy once the sun went down.
Lucy was a great guide. Loved seeing so much of the canyon with this tour.
Outstanding tour. Our guide was exceptionally knowledgeable and the vistas we got to see were terrific. The sunset setting we were in was exceptional.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Grand Canyon National Park specialist!
Product code: COOL-3272GCER
Similar Tours & Activities