Grand Canyon East Rim Drive by Jeep and IMAX Movie
Departing from the South Rim, this scenic Jeep tour takes you through Grand Canyon National Park along East Rim Drive to show you the Grand Canyon’s most spectacular highlights. Choose from three tour options to experience the Grand Canyon during the day or at sunset, and enjoy amazing views of the canyon’s stunning colors and rock formations while learning about the region’s history and geology from your guide. In addition to your Grand Canyon tour, watch a fascinating Grand Canyon IMAX movie at the National Geographic Visitor Center. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grand Canyon Visitor Center South Rim, S Entrance Rd about 2 mi east of El Tovar Hotel, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Your tour starts at the National Geographic IMAX Theater where you'll watch an awe-inspiring film in the air-conditioned comfort of the IMAX theater. The 34-minute Grand Canyon IMAX movie opens your eyes to a Grand Canyon that most people don’t know about. Showing you glimpses of human and geological history from 4,000 years ago to today, the movie immerses you in the history, mystery and unparalleled beauty of one of the most famous natural wonders in the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: East Rim Drive, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Following the movie you'll travel along East Rim Drive, a popular route which follows the canyon's east rim for 26 miles (42 km) to Desert View, at the east entrance to the park.
Stop At: Grand Canyon South Rim, Highway 64, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
Choose from three tour options below: a 3-hour day tour at your chosen time, a 2-hour sunset tour or a 3-hour extended sunset tour. At the end of your Grand Canyon IMAX experience, your guide will take you back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most hotels in Tusayan.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 2- or 3-hour tour (based on option selected)
- Professional guide
- Transport by 4WD Jeep
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels)
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon Visitor Center South Rim
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon South Rim
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- If the Day Tour is selected, please provided your preferred departure time in the Special Requirements field at check- out
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- No guests permitted w/fever over 100.40 F
- Signed liability agreement required prior to tour.
- All non-cohabiting guests must remain 6ft apart.
- All guests must wear a mask.
- All contact points on vehicles are sanitized before & after each use.
- Temperature checks required for all employees & guests.
Average 4.60 out of 5 stars based on 30 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
It was a cold and extremely windy day. We were quite comfortable with heated seats and the blankets provided by Pink Jeep Tours. Sam, our guide, was fantastic! He was very knowledgeable about the canyon and about the area and knew how to treat people with varying degrees of acrophobia. He told us great stories and took us to all the best viewing points. He also took an abundance of photos that are definitely framable. I would definitely recommend Sam and the Pink Jeep Tours for anyone seeing the canyon. So much better than trying to figure it out on your own.
Karla was out driver. She was so knowledgeable,nice and drove beautifully.We loved her.
Having a guide is what makes the east rim even better. You can get to all these beautiful stops via shuttle or with your own car, but having a tour guide tell you about the history of the area and canyons is what makes this a special experience since my husband and I like to learn. Our guide William was very knowledgeable about how the canyon was formed, what each layer of the rocks were made up of and many other interesting facts. We did the sunset tour, so we stopped at Desert View where the Watchtower is to see it although it was closed on the inside so we couldn't go to the top. You can also see the Colorado River and the start of the grand canyon from this stop. We had a great time. Recommend a jacket or wind breaker as it got pretty chilly and windy once the sun went down.
This tour was amazing!
Lucy was a great guide. Loved seeing so much of the canyon with this tour.
Outstanding tour. Our guide was exceptionally knowledgeable and the vistas we got to see were terrific. The sunset setting we were in was exceptional.
This was a GREAT ADVENTURE!!! Our tour guide, Richard, was wonderful! He was very knowledgeable about the canyon and showed us some very neat places.
Though we had explored the Grand Canyon on our own, we wanted to see if a guided tour would provide a different experience and we were thrilled that we made that decision! Our awesome guide Sean was knowledgeable and entertaining and clearly loves his job. The jeep was very comfortable and could accommodate any type of weather. We would do it again if we go back!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-3272GCER
Similar Tours & Activities