Bright Angel Trail Day Hike Tour
Our Bright Angel Trail day hike offers a tour with many options for length and difficulty, and it has shade, water and bathrooms roughly every 1.5 miles up and down. On the longer side, we can hike to Plateau Point which is a wonderful option for the fittest and most adventurous of visitors. And on the shorter side, we can hike to one of the rest houses for a moderate, stunningly beautiful hike. So for families, couples, and solo travelers, of an adventure and fitness level, this hike has a lot to offer!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bright Angel Trail, Begins near the main Visitor Center complex, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
Bright Angel Trail offers a wealth of day hiking opportunities on this tour! The trail switchbacks down from the South Rim Village to Mile and a Half Rest House, then 3 Mile Rest House, then Indian Garden at 4.5 miles and Plateau Point at 6 miles. So this tour can be done as a 3-mile, 6-mile, 9-mile, or 12-mile round trip hike. For ambitious travelers, Plateau Point (12 miles round trip) offers the most "bang for the buck" with stunning views of the Inner Gorge and the Colorado River. Indian Garden (9 miles round trip) is another excellent longer option with a shaded oasis with a spring-fed creek for a picnic lunch. And for less ambitious travelers, Mile and a Half and 3 Mile rest houses offer fantastic hikes.
Duration: 6 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4 to 8 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: null
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Trekking poles
- Microspike crampons (in winter and shoulder season months)
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 15 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities