Full-Day Mount Riley Hike from Haines
Hike your way to the highest point on the Haines Peninsula atop Mt. Riley! This 6 hour adventure will take you up about 1,500ft to a 360-degree view of the Lynn Fjord. Throughout the hike we’ll enjoy some snacks and water on our way to the summit, then enjoy a picnic style lunch before desending to the trailhead.
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Your adventure begins at the pier where you will meet your professional hiking guide. After a narrated drive through the historic Fort Seward, we’ll continue on for about 15 minutes along the Haines Peninsula to the trailhead for Mt. Riley. Along the way, your guide will tell you about the history and geography of Haines. It is a beautiful drive with many scenic photo opportunities.
Once at the trailhead, the hike begins over rolling terrain through temperate rainforest. After about ¼ mile, we start to gain elevation as we make our way up switchbacks through the forest. Throughout the hike, your knowledgeable naturalist guide will talk about the flora and fauna of the region. Depending on the exact route the total hiking distance is between 5-8 miles and the elevation gain is approximately 1,500ft to the summit, which is at 1,760ft.
Throughout the hike we’ll enjoy some snacks and water on our way to the summit, which boasts a fantastic 360-degree view of the Lynn Fjord and beyond. We’ll stop along the way for a picnic lunch, after which, we may elect to hike down the opposite side of the mountain towards the east side of the peninsula and descend towards Battery Point.
After a stop at the view point of the beautiful beach of Kelgaya and Battery Point, the last mile leads us to the Battery Point trailhead where we’ll get picked up and return to the pier.
Guests should bring a small pack with extra layers. Sturdy hiking shoes are appropriate. Dress for changing weather as conditions can change quickly in Alaska. Bring a rain jacket, and extra layer and don’t forget your camera!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Port Chilkoot, AK 99827, USA
- Duration: 6 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Hiking poles
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-41951P11
Similar Tours & Activities