We start our day visiting a wonderful small family bakery in a local settlement for homemade bread and tarts for our picnic on Gold Rock Beach.
On our way out to the East End we will also tour the open air Farmer's Market in the Freeport area as well as an optional stop at the Port Lucaya Marketplace for any souvenir shopping you might wish to do.
As the Garden of the Groves is on our way, this is also an optional stop for those who might want to tour the gardens.
Next we visit the Lucayan National Park which has one of the longest explored and chartered underwater cave systems in the world. We will tour both caves: Ben's Cave and Burial Mound.
You will enjoy a scrumptious picnic lunch on the spectacular Gold Rock Beach where you can swim in crystal clear turquoise waters or go beachcombing.
After lunch, we will visit High Rock, home of the famous Lighthouse Chapel. Our last stop will be to Bishop's where you can enjoy a cool tropical local drink or an ice cold Sands!!!
Stop At: Taino Beach, Freeport
We visit Taino Beach for photos and a walk on the beach.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Garden of the Groves, Midshipman Rd. and Magellan Dr, Freeport
A 40 acre botanical garden filled with local trees, flowers, and birds. There is a chapel, a labyrinth, 6 small specialty shops selling local arts and crafts, and a restaurant overlooking the pond and the waterfalls, the Garden Cafe. An optional stop on the way to the East End.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Grand Bahama Island, Grand Bahama Island
We will visit the home of a lovely Bahamian lady and have a cup of Bahamian Bush Tea sitting in her garden. You can pick the leaves yourself of the tea you would like to try and brew it on the spot before drinking. You will learn all about the healing properties of our various varieties of local trees and shrubs known as Bush Medicine. In the Bahamas we believe in healing ourselves with our local home remedies of Bush Tea.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gold Rock Beach
Gold Rock Beach is a pristine beach located at the Lucayan National Park. We spend as much time as you want at the beach. Admission to the beach is included in the $5 adult admission fee to the National Park. Picnic lunch at the beach is provided as part of this tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lucayan National Park, Grand Bahama Highway
At the Lucayan National Park there are two caves: Ben's Cave and Burial Mound. We tour both caves learning about our natural vegetation before going to the Gold Rock Beach. $5 admission fee for adults.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Experience Grand Bahama Island with Hida, Freeport
After visiting the Lucayan National Park we tour all of the east coastline visiting local settlements. High Rock, which is a settlement at the East End of the island, has the unique Lighthouse Chapel which is a great photo stop. You can time permitting take a quick walk on their beautiful beach before we return to your departure point.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4 to 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Fuel surcharge
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
- Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Average 4.88 out of 5 stars based on 17 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor