A Taste of Bahamas Tour gives guests the small-group opportunity to experience the Bahamian culture and to taste traditional Bahamian cuisine in an atmosphere that is friendly and comfortable. During presentations about the culture and history, you will be introduced to arts and crafts, Junkanoo, the origins of The Bahamas and its people, music, art, dance and Bush medicine and Bush tea which you get to sample. You will then enjoy a homemade traditional meal prepared by Bahamian chef.
Stop At: Grum Ma's House Cultural Center, Hunter's Main Street, Next to St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church Parking Lot on the East Side, Freeport F41153
While in Hunters at Grum Ma's House Cultural Center you will have a hands on interactive immersive opportunity to explore the culture of The Bahamas. You will learn about the music , dance, art, bush medicine and Junkanoo our native heritage festival. Wear traditional costumes and use cowbells while dancing to the sounds of Junkanoo. Ask questions and also find out more of our history, heritage, and culture. Create your Bahamas Souvenir Experience.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Freeport, Freeport
You will see this natural wonder that is one of many across the island. This one is connected to the sea a few hundred yards away. You will be able to see the boiling hole that it is ocnnected to from Buddies by the Bay if the tide is low enough.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Freeport, Freeport
You will be able to enjoy your Bahamian dinner of peas and rice , steam chicken with coleslaw, fry plantian and Goombay Punch at a home.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: St. Vincent De Paul Church, Hunters, Freeport
You will be able to see one of the few remaining limestone constructed churches in the country. This wa sthe original church built in 1942 using Fr. Jerome's designs.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time:
Confirm time with the local provider in advance of your experience.
Bahamas Culture & Cuisine
1/24/2022 - 3/15/2025
Monday - Friday : 09:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Hotel/Resort/Guest house/Condo/Timeshare & curise port (harbour) pickup and drop-off at designated areas.
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Beverage and bottled water
- Local driver/guide
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Purchase of souvenirs
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
- Vegetarian option is available. Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Infant meals not included
- A maximum of 20 people per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Average 4.76 out of 5 stars based on 17 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor