Small-Group Cocktail Tour in Denver
Dive deep into Denver’s cocktail scene and join us to discover the fascinating backstories of the city’s most popular drinks and where they fit in with the history of Denver and Colorado. We’ll sip on some incredible concoctions on this walking tour of downtown Denver and learn all about the Mile High city’s salacious and spirited past. We’ll delve into the fascinating backgrounds of Prohibition-era cocktails at Denver’s modern-day speakeasies, historic bars, and local joints and maybe even get to try out local twists on cocktail classics. Your drinks are on us, so sit back, soak up the stories from your local guide and our compelling bartenders, and enjoy the ambience of lower downtown’s best drinking establishments!
Stop At: Denver Union Station, 1701 Wynkoop St, Denver, Colorado 80202
We’ll begin our tour at the historic and grand Union Station, where we take in the splendor of “downtown Denver’s living room”. Your guide will give a brief introduction to the beginnings of the Mile High City and it’s early associations with alcohol.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: LoDo, Lower Downtown, Denver, Colorado 80202
We’ll then head out into the heart of lower downtown, also known as LoDo. Your guide will navigate you through the historic, brick-building-lined streets to a few of their favorite local bars. You may start out with a delicious libation at one of Denver’s oldest bars or find yourself in the dark recesses of a subterranean speakeasy spilling over with references to the city’s founding pioneers.
As you take in the ambience of each establishment, your guide will let you in on the ingredients and background of each drink. You’ll come to appreciate Denver’s place in the realm of cocktails from all over the world, and we may even get to try a truly local twist on time-honored classics. We’ll dispel the myths and shed some light on controversies surrounding a few of the most popular drinks on the menu.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Larimer Square, 1430 Larimer St, Denver, Colorado 80202
Cocktail connoisseur or not, you’ll end your tour with a greater appreciation of Denver’s craft cocktail scene, all the while exploring LoDo’s iconic Larimer Square and surrounding area. Your local guide will have plenty of recommendations for more cocktails, great local beer, and a bite to eat all around Denver.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 04:00 PM
- Return Details:
Union Station, Union Station, Denver, CO 80202, USA
- Your tour includes a small snack.
- Local, English-speaking guide
- You'll enjoy three drinks throughout your tour.
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs or personal shopping
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Transportation options are wheelchair accessible
- All areas and surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Average 4.96 out of 5 stars based on 109 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought