Small-Group Cocktail Tour in Denver
Dive deep into Denver’s cocktail scene and join us to discover the fascinating backstories of the city’s most popular drinks and where they fit in with the history of Denver and Colorado. We’ll sip on some incredible concoctions on this walking tour of downtown Denver and learn all about the Mile High city’s salacious and spirited past. We’ll delve into the fascinating backgrounds of Prohibition-era cocktails at Denver’s modern-day speakeasies, historic bars, and local joints and maybe even get to try out local twists on cocktail classics. Your drinks are on us, so sit back, soak up the stories from your local guide and our compelling bartenders, and enjoy the ambience of lower downtown’s best drinking establishments!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Denver Union Station, 1701 Wynkoop St, Denver, CO 80202-1047
We’ll begin our tour at the historic and grand Union Station, where we take in the splendor of “downtown Denver’s living room”. Your guide will give a brief introduction to the beginnings of the Mile High City and it’s early associations with alcohol.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: LoDo, Lower Downtown, Denver, CO 80202
We’ll then head out into the heart of lower downtown, also known as LoDo. Your guide will navigate you through the historic, brick-building-lined streets to a few of their favorite local bars. You may start out with a delicious libation at one of Denver’s oldest bars or find yourself in the dark recesses of a subterranean speakeasy spilling over with references to the city’s founding pioneers.
As you take in the ambience of each establishment, your guide will let you in on the ingredients and background of each drink. You’ll come to appreciate Denver’s place in the realm of cocktails from all over the world, and we may even get to try a truly local twist on time-honored classics. We’ll dispel the myths and shed some light on controversies surrounding a few of the most popular drinks on the menu.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Larimer Square, 1430 Larimer St, Denver, CO 80202-1739
Cocktail connoisseur or not, you’ll end your tour with a greater appreciation of Denver’s craft cocktail scene, all the while exploring LoDo’s iconic Larimer Square and surrounding area. Your local guide will have plenty of recommendations for more cocktails, great local beer, and a bite to eat all around Denver.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 4:00 PM
- Return Details: Union Station, Denver, CO 80202, USA
- Alcoholic Beverages - You'll enjoy three drinks throughout your tour.
- Snacks - Your tour includes a small snack.
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs or personal shopping
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our organization has created a comprehensive strategy to ensure the safety of our guests, guides, partners, vendors, and the wider local community. All staff members are trained in these new safety procedures and we will continue to follow local government guidance.
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 15 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities