Downtown Denver History & Highlights - Small Group Walking Tour
Take a deeper look into Denver and get to know why locals love the Mile High City so much. On this tour, your local guide will show off downtown Denver’s incredible historic architecture and tell you stories of how this pioneer town came to be the capital of Colorado. In addition to seeing the city’s most iconic landmarks including the Capitol State Building and Union Station, you’ll get a chance to see preservation and revitalization side-by-side at historic Larimer Square. Throughout the tour, your guide will make sure to point out the best places to eat, drink, shop, and play in and around Denver!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colorado State Capitol, 200 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80203-1776
Our tour begins at the Colorado State Capitol, a beautifully historic building constructed in the late 19th century. Here, you'll meet your guide and hear the beginnings of Denver's rich history.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: LoDo, Lower Downtown, Denver, CO 80202
Lower Downtown (known as LoDo to locals) showcases the more modern side of Denver. You'll walk along the 16th Street Mall, home to many sources of entertainment from restaurants to local music. It's the heart of modern Denver!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, 321 17th St, Denver, CO 80202, USA
Your guide will lead you into this wonderfully picturesque, late 19th century hotel where you'll be able to marvel at the one-of-a-kind architecture.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Larimer Square, 1430 Larimer St, Denver, CO 80202-1739
This bustling area of LoDo is one of locals' favorite spots for shopping, dining, and entertainment. We'll likely walk down this tree-lined street along the tour.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Denver Union Station, 1701 Wynkoop St, Denver, CO 80202-1047
Refinished and refurbished to its former glory, Union Station continues to operate as Denver's main train station - a far cry from it's early days bringing settlers to the West. Today, Union Station boasts restaurants, shopping, and lots of people-watching. When your tour ends, you'll be in the perfect, central spot to continue exploring downtown Denver!
Duration: 15 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: LoDo, Denver, CO 80202, USA
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Colorado State Capitol
- Entry/Admission - The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our organization has created a comprehensive strategy to ensure the safety of our guests, guides, partners, vendors, and the wider local community. All staff members are trained in these new safety procedures and we will continue to follow local government guidance.
Average 4.96 out of 5 stars based on 25 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities