‘Cue & Brew Tour
Voted KC's #1 Food Tour by Kansas City residents, KC Barbecue Tours is the only company to offer Kansas City locals and visitors the opportunity to sample the world’s best barbecue and beer. This bus-guided food tour will make your taste buds dance as our guides take you into a variety of Kansas City’s big name barbecue establishments and hidden barbecue gems. You will also get to travel through some of Kansas City’s most historic neighborhoods.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arthur Bryant's Barbeque, 1727 Brooklyn Ave, Kansas City, MO 64127, USA
All guests will be served a portion of Arthur Bryant's world famous smoked meats and house made side dishes, along with water and 1 beer or soft drink
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Historic 18th & Vine Jazz District, Kansas City, MO
Enjoy a brief history of the music that put Kansas City on the map
Stop At: LC's Bar-B-Q, 5800 Blue Pkwy, Kansas City, MO 64129, USA
All guests will be served a portion of LC's locally loved smoked meats and house made side dishes, along with water and 1 beer or soft drink
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, 4525 Oak St, Kansas City, MO 64111-1818
Take sight of Kansas City's world-famous art museum. Inside, the Nelson-Atkins Museum of holds collections of more than 35,000 works of art and welcomes 500,000 visitors a year.
Pass By: Country Club Plaza, 4706 Broadway Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64112-1934
See the premier Country Club Plaza shopping district and all the charm it brings to Kansas City. 15 blocks filled with over 100 shops and more than 30 restaurants. This is a sight to see!
Pass By: Westport, Kansas City, MO
Westport is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Kansas City! Originally called West Port, the neighborhood got its name as it was the westernmost village where settlers stocked up before venturing into the Kansas Territory. Today the neighborhood is known for its blend of tasty eateries, trendy boutiques and popular nighttime hot spots.
Pass By: Uptown Theatre, 3700 Broadway Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64111-2506
Take in the architecture of Kansas City's first theater to show first run films
Pass By: Firefighter Fountain, W 31st St & Pennsylvania Ave, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
The fountain features two bronze figures surrounded by 48 streams of water falling into an 80-foot wide basin. A bronze large than life sculpture of a firefighter with his head bowed is directly to the north of the fountain. Behind the sculpture is a curved stone wall with bronze plaques that list the name of the fallen Kansas City firefighters.
Pass By: National WWI Museum and Memorial, 2 Memorial Dr, Kansas City, MO 64108-4616
Built By Kansas Citians, Embraced By the Nation. A breath-taking lasting monument to the men and women who had served in World War I. Construction on the classical Egyptian Revival-style monument was completed in 1926 and the Liberty Memorial was dedicated by President Calvin Coolidge in front of more than 150,000 people
Pass By: Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, 1 Memorial Dr, Kansas City, MO 64198, USA
The Federal Reserve was established by Congress and signed by President Woodrow Wilson in 1913. It was preceded by financial panics, bank failures and business bankruptcies that severely disrupted the economy. There were two prior attempts at establishing central banks.
Pass By: Union Station, 30 W Pershing Rd, Kansas City, MO 64108-2410
Built in 1914, Union Station opens her arms with 850,000 square feet of amazing space that originally featured 900 rooms. In her prime as a working train station, she accommodated hundreds of thousands of passengers each year. During WWII, an estimated one million travelers – many of them soldiers -- passed through the Station. The North Waiting Room held 10,000 people and the complex included restaurants, a cigar store, barber shop, railroad offices, the nation's largest Railway Express Building (used for shipping freight and mail) as well as a powerhouse providing steam and power. So many stories of farewells, reunions and of day-to-day vibrancy still echo in her walls.
Pass By: Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, 1601 Broadway Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64108-1229
The Kauffman Center, home to resident organizations the Kansas City Ballet, Lyric Opera, Kansas City Symphony, and other innovative programming, embraces a variety of audiences with different tastes, interests and passions. At the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, everyone can have an opportunity to experience excellence.
Stop At: Gates Bar-B-Q, 1221 Brooklyn Ave, Kansas City, MO 64127, USA
All guests will be served a portion of Gates and Sons world famous smoked meats and house made side dishes, along with water and 1 beer or soft drink
Duration: 40 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Arthur Bryant's Barbeque, 1727 Brooklyn Ave, Kansas City, MO 64127, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 5:30 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
- Live commentary on board
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Gratuities for driver and guide (recommended)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Availability for tours cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers who do not eat meat
- If you or anyone in your group have dietary restrictions, we ask that you please notify us in advance. We want everyone to be able to enjoy this tour and are willing to work with each customer. Please understand though that this tour does involve the option to sample meat and various side dishes. We are not in control of how food is prepared and cooked at each restaurant, but are willing to help find options for any guest with dietary restrictions. If you or anyone in your group is a vegetarian/vegan, please keep in mind that our barbecue tour is geared for people who love BBQ dishes and a majority of our tastings will contain a meat ingredient. We will try our best to accommodate with alternative non-meat side dishes, however, there will be limited vegetarian/vegan options to choose from and we will need to know ahead of time. If you or anyone in your group suffer from a food allergy, please notify us in advance. We want to be able to accommodate every guest; however, how restaurants prep and cook their food is out of our control. We are willing to help find options for any guest with a food allergy.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 3 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this tour. We learned a lot about the history of barbecue in Kansas City and where all the great places are.
We wanted a taste of KC bbq and they did not disappoint. We hit 3 popular and highly rated barbecue joints, enjoyed ribs, burnt ends and an assortment of smoked meats and side dishes. Also, a variety of sauces from the sweetest to so spicy it could make you scream! We learned a little history of each place and how they fit in the history of Kansas City.
Glad we took this tour—highly recommend it!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-36761P2