Clear Kayak Tour of Tarpon Springs | Manatee Season
Adventure through Tarpon Springs in your 100% clear kayak! You’ll enjoy a tranquil paddle through the bayous of Tarpon Springs. You’ll launch from the Tarpon Springs Yacht Club, kayak through the bayous, see Victorian-style mansions, and pass by the picturesque Craig Park. You’ll then paddle into Spring Bayou, a warm water area with frequent manatee sightings!
Look for manatees while you take in the scenery. Manatees use the warmer water of Spring Bayou as a sanctuary during the winter months. Along the way, your guide will keep an eye out for other wildlife including dolphins and a variety of birds. Chances are that you’ll see a variety of wildlife, but sightings are random and not guaranteed.
Learn about Tarpon Springs from your 5-star rated eco-tour guide. Hear about local history, wildlife, and ecosystems. Along the way, you’ll hear about Greek culture and the famous Sponge Docks. Your guide will be happy to take photos and make sure you have fun along the way!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Craig Park, 5 Beekman Way, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
You'll paddle through the beautiful bayous of Tarpon Springs, stopping at Craig Park, which is at the very heart of Tarpon Springs. You'll paddle by the incredible Victorian-style mansions from the town's first settlers in the 19th Century.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Spring Bayou, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689, USA
You'll be on the lookout for manatees as your guide leads the way to Spring Bayou - where you'll take in the views of "Golden Crescent" right from your clear kayak! Be on the lookout for manatees as they surface for air. Manatees use the warmer water of Spring Bayou as a sanctuary during the winter months.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Kayaks, paddles, seats, life jackets, whistles
- Dry Bags: We'll allow you to use our dry bags to keep your personal belongings dry along the tour!
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- For your safety, we have a weight limit of 250 lbs per guest, and a combined limit of 425 lbs for two people in a tandem kayak
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 48 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor