Clear Kayak Tour of Tarpon Springs | Manatee Season
Adventure through Tarpon Springs in your 100% clear kayak! You’ll enjoy a tranquil paddle through the bayous of Tarpon Springs. You’ll launch from the Tarpon Springs Yacht Club, kayak through the bayous, see Victorian-style mansions, and pass by the picturesque Craig Park. You’ll then paddle into Spring Bayou, a warm water area with frequent manatee sightings!
Look for manatees while you take in the scenery. Manatees use the warmer water of Spring Bayou as a sanctuary during the winter months. Along the way, your guide will keep an eye out for other wildlife including dolphins and a variety of birds. Chances are that you’ll see a variety of wildlife, but sightings are random and not guaranteed.
Learn about Tarpon Springs from your 5-star rated eco-tour guide. Hear about local history, wildlife, and ecosystems. Along the way, you’ll hear about Greek culture and the famous Sponge Docks. Your guide will be happy to take photos and make sure you have fun along the way!
Stop At: Craig Park, 5 Beekman Way, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
You'll paddle through the beautiful bayous of Tarpon Springs, stopping at Craig Park, which is at the very heart of Tarpon Springs. You'll paddle by the incredible Victorian-style mansions from the town's first settlers in the 19th Century.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Spring Bayou, Spring Bayou, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689, USA
You'll be on the lookout for manatees as your guide leads the way to Spring Bayou - where you'll take in the views of "Golden Crescent" right from your clear kayak! Be on the lookout for manatees as they surface for air. Manatees use the warmer water of Spring Bayou as a sanctuary during the winter months.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Dry Bags: We'll allow you to use our dry bags to keep your personal belongings dry along the tour!
- Kayaks, paddles, seats, life jackets, whistles
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Infants are required to sit on an adult’s lap
- Not recommended for travelers with spinal injuries
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
- Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
- For your safety, we have a weight limit of 250 lbs per guest, and a combined limit of 425 lbs for two people in a tandem kayak
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Average 4.96 out of 5 stars based on 184 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities