St Lawrence River - Rock Island Lighthouse on a Glass Bottom Boat Tour
THIS TOUR DEPARTS FROM THE US. This amazing tour will show you the 1000 Islands like no one else can!
Board the Night Heron, our incredible glass-bottomed boat for an unparalleled view of underwater life in the clean waters of the St. Lawrence River. Experience nature as our naturalist narrators spot ospreys, eagles, blue heron, deer, muskrats, minks, and loons that inhabit the 1000 Islands. Hear the history, legends and lore of the islands we pass by and shipwrecks we pass over. Docking at Rock Island for one hour guests may climb to the top of the Lighthouse for a birds eye view of the surrounding St. Lawrence Seaway. Visit the Lighthouse keeper’s cottage which is now a museum and gift shop to learn the history of the lighthouse and keepers who kept the lights burning. Walk the island and see the building once used to store whale oil for burning in the lighthouse.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Clayton Island Tours, 39611 Chateau Lane, Clayton, NY 13624
Experience the grandeur and beauty of the 1000 Islands Region the Clayton Island Tours way. Clayton Island Tour’s professional tour guides will share the legends and lore behind the Thousand Islands region on a 2 or 3 hour scenic boat tour.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Rock Island Lighthouse State Park, St. Lawrence Seaway, Clayton, NY
historic Rock Island Lighthouse on the beautiful St. Lawrence Seaway. When you visit, climb the stairs of the lighthouse and enjoy a bird's eye view from the lantern room. Tour the museum in the keeper’s quarters and learn about the history of the island, its keepers, and the magnificent St. Lawrence River. Walk the island and take home a souvenir from the gift shop.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Wellesley Island State Park, 44927 Cross Island Rd, Wellesley Island, NY 13640-3105
We will travel among many of the 1000 Islands on the St. Lawrence River
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Sightseeing cruise by glass-bottom boat
- Local naturalist guide
- Admission to Rock Island
- Restroom on board
- Entry/Admission - Clayton Island Tours
- Entry/Admission - Rock Island Lighthouse State Park
- Picnic Lunch - $12.00 Adult/$8.00 Children - Please call ahead to pre-order
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Picnic Lunches are available for all tours - $12.00 Adult/$8.00 Children - Please call ahead to pre-order
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure. Receive boarding pass from our blue ticket booth
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Average 4.78 out of 5 stars based on 32 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor