Skyline Tour Aboard 148 Ft. Schooner Windy - Chicago's Official Tall Ship
Leave the hustle and bustle behind! Explore Chicago's shores with a leisurely trip around Lake Michigan. Take in the world-famous skyline, enjoy spectacular views, and discover the Windy City from the water. Windy is the Official Ship for the City of Chicago. At 148 feet long, she is one of only a few 4 masted Schooners built in the United States. You will enjoy a relaxing sail around aboard a truly historic vessel. Select from Pirates and Maritime Stories Sail at 1pm, Skyline/Architectural Theme at 3pm and 5pm, and Skyline Sunset Sail at 7pm.
This sail is approximately 75 minutes. The ship leaves promptly at the scheduled time, please allow for time to park, off the pier if necessary.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Navy Pier, 600 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-3419
Departs from the historic Navy Pier, one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city.
Stop At: Lake Michigan, Beaches for swimming, IL
Sail on the third-largest of the Great Lakes. Lake Michigan is itself a natural wonder.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Lake Michigan
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All Passengers must be present 30 minutes prior to advertised sail time. The Ship leaves on time. Please allow ample time for Chicago traffic, getting lost, and not being able to park close.
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Dress code:should be sensible for the weather
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children under 16 years of age, must be accompanied by an adult
- Windy is NOT HANDICAP accessible.
- Guests must be able to ambulate up and down 6 steps on each side of the boarding ladder.
- Assistive devices must be left on the dockside storage area and may not be used on the ship while underway.
- Windy is NOT HANDICAP accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 140 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Advisory: Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present. By completing your ticket purchase, you are acknowledging and accepting that risk, with the understanding that absolute social distancing cannot be maintained in an outdoor space with open seating.
Average 4.48 out of 5 stars based on 50 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities