Chicago Segway Tour
Hop on the most innovative tour to hit Chicago in years! Gliding around the Windy City on your very own Segway, you'll see all the famous sights - Buckingham Fountain, Navy Pier, Lake Michigan and more. Be one of the first to take part in this unique, unforgettable experience!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: City Segway Tours Chicago, 910 S Michigan Ave Suite 130, Chicago, IL 60605-2356
The tour begins with a 30 minute training session.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Lake Michigan, IL
Cruise along the shores of this Great Lake.
Stop At: Grant Park, 337 E Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60601
As you cruise along Lake Michigan, through Grant Park and the Museum Campus, you will receive a great orientation, informative historical and current-day information, heaps of unique and fascinating stories, fantastic photo ops and superb personal service from your guide. The Segway is the first of its kind - a self-balancing, personal transportation device that's designed to operate in any pedestrian environment. It's new, it's cool and a ton of fun! Tours are limited to 8 clients with 1 guide so you can count on a great, intimate experience. Discover what it's like to be a Windy City celebrity as everyone turns to watch you glide by!
City Segway Tours are proud to be the first guided tour using Segways in the world! No one can match their experience. Be sure you glide with the original!
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Millennium Park, 201 East Randolph Street, Chicago, IL 60601-6530
Then you'll cruise along Lakeshore Drive at the edge of Lake Michigan all the way to Millennium Park at the foot of famous Michigan Avenue.
Pass By: Navy Pier, 600 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-3419
You'll see Navy Pier, the Lincoln statue, Buckingham Fountain and of course, ride the coolest machine in the world the entire time!
Stop At: Buckingham Fountain, Grant Park, Chicago, IL 60605
Chicago's landmark is considered one of America's finest fountains due to its Beaux-Arts-style landscape design, finely wrought bronze sculpture and innovative use of technology.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Field Museum, 1400 S Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60605-2827
Also on the Museum Campus is Field Museum, one of America's premier natural history museums and home to "Sue," the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus rex ever discovered.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Shedd Aquarium, 1200 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60605-2490
You'll glide from the peninsula through Museum Campus to the Shedd Aquarium, which was for some time the largest indoor aquarium in the world with 5,000,000 US gallons of water.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: The Congress Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, 520 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
Stop at for speech
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Art Institute of Chicago, 111 S Michigan Ave 159 East Monroe Street, Chicago, IL 60603-6110
Stop at for speech, photo op
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Adler Planetarium, 1300 S Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60605-2489
Stop at for speech, photo op of skyline
Duration: 10 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 910 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Transportation by segway
- Orientation session (30 minutes)
- Entry/Admission - City Segway Tours Chicago
- Food and drinks
- Hotel Pickup - All tours meet at the tour office
- Entry/Admission - Field Museum
- Entry/Admission - Shedd Aquarium
- Entry/Admission - The Congress Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
- Entry/Admission - The Art Institute of Chicago
- Entry/Admission - Adler Planetarium
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Tours run rain or shine
- Unfortunately, pregnant women will not be permitted to participate
- The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing under 100 pounds or over 265 pounds
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride
- City Segway Tours insurance requires everyone to complete a liability waiver (those under 18 must have an adult sign for them).
- Maximum of 8 travelers per departure; groups larger than 8 passengers may be split into separate departures
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult or authorized guardian
- Each party must also complete a damage waiver that includes a pre-authorization of $500 on a credit card. This pre-authorization is immediately canceled at the end of the tour and will not even appear on the statement.
- Wear comfortable shoes. While you're not walking, you are on your feet for three hours! Don't bring too many belongings with you. The Segways are equipped with very small bags for cameras and small purses. You may wish to wear sunscreen on sunny days, and bring rain gear and/or warm clothing for days that are looking like it might rain or will be cool (the temperature tends to be cooler near the lake)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Average 4.82 out of 5 stars based on 214 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Jack was a great guide. Safety first, then fun and facts/ info. On the segway, it's a different view of Chicago than you can get from a car. Plus it's fun - and I'm 66. Highly recommend the tour and if you can go in a "slower" day, even better. 3 in our tour.
Our first Segway tour and definitely would recommend. Isabelle was a great tour guide - thoroughly explained how to safely use the Segway and made sure we were all comfortable before the tour began. She also knew her information about the various places we saw. Our family of 5 has now discovered our favorite way to see new cities.
Absolute MUST DO! I suggested to small group of us traveling together and they all thanked me for suggesting it. You get to cover alot in short period of time. Would not have been able to cover so much by walking. I wanted to visit The Bean but segways are not allowed in Millenium park.
Highly recommend! Jake and Jack hooked us up and we were on our way---Jake gave us an awesome tour and filled us in on Chicago historical facts along the way. Learning to ride Segway was easy, route safe, areas to ride and tour were great. We booked this because they offered small groups and ended up just two---toured at our own pace and covered a lot of ground! Thanks Jake!
Great way to learn about and see downtown Chicago,especially if your visit is short. Covered nearly 8 miles in 2 hours. Jack was an awesome tour guide!
Great, fun tour. This was by far the most fun tour!
It was a wonderful experience---I'm 72 years old and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Our Tour Guide Matt was exceptional--great instructor,watched over all of us like we were his ducklings----helpful,polite and absolutely brimming with information and a personality to match. There were four of us together --my daughter,daughter-in-law and my best friend---if they can't do a review too because I paid for our tickets this review needs to be times 4---- would do it again if Matt was our Tour Guide. Highly recommend this tour for almost everyone---you just need pretty good balance and a sense of adventure.
We had to wait out a passing thunderstorm and the other guests bailed but we truly enjoyed the personal tour by Jack, to our family of four. Made the Chicago trip very memorable! Thanks for the extra safety tips and patience rendered to us who all had a great time on their first Segway ride. Awesome staff at City Segway Chicago!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-3397CHICAGO