Chicago Grand Half-Day Bus Tour
This comprehensive half-day tour of Chicago is the perfect introduction to the Windy City! Discover the highlights of Chicago’s North Side and South Side and enjoy a scenic drive along the Outer Drive. Pass by Chicago's beautiful Washington Park and Grant Park, and make a 20-minute stop at the fascinating Lincoln Park Conservatory. Stop for photo opportunity at the Adler Planetarium, see the impressive Wrigley Building and more. You'll come away with a fantastic overview of the best Chicago has to offer!
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grant Park, 337 E Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60601
Get an in-depth look at the beautiful Windy City on this 4-hour tour of Chicago! Take a scenic bus ride through the South Side and travel through the beautiful Grant Park.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Adler Planetarium, 1300 S Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60605-2489
Visit the Adler Planetarium with its impressive sky dome
Pass By: Picasso Statue, 50 W Washington St Richard J. Daley Plaza Civic Center, Chicago, IL 60602-1305
On the North Side, travel by the striking Richard J Daley plaza with its magnificent Pablo Picasso sculpture created specifically for Chicago.
Pass By: Field Museum, 1400 S Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60605-2827
This natural history museum is home to almost 40 million specimens and artifacts.
Pass By: Shedd Aquarium, 1200 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60605-2490
Shedd Aquarium was for some time the largest indoor facility in the world!
Pass By: Museum of Science and Industry, 5700 S. Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60637-2093
Pass by the largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere!
Pass By: Wrigley Field, 1060 W. Addison St., Chicago, IL 60613-4566
See the famous Wrigley Building and Wrigley Field.
Pass By: John Hancock Center, 875 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-1803
Spot one of the tallest buildings in the world, the John Hancock Center.
Pass By: 2045 N Lincoln Park W, Chicago, IL 60614-4707
Continue through Lincoln Park’s acres and acres of lush greenery and lagoons.
Pass By: Water Tower Place, 835 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-2203
At the pinnacle of Chicago's famed Magnificent Mile, Water Tower Place is Chicago's shopping destination with a stunning eight-level atrium.
Pass By: The Magnificent Mile, North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
Water Tower Place is located in the famous Mag Mile shopping district.
Stop At: Navy Pier, 600 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-3419
Home to dining, restaurants, and the Centennial Wheel Ferris Wheel.
Pass By: University of Chicago, 5801 S Ellis Ave, Chicago, IL 60637-5418
Founded in 1890 through a gift from John D. Rockefeller and home to neo-Gothic and contemporary architecture and lush botanic gardens.
Pass By: Symphony Center - Chicago Symphony Orchestra, 220 S Michigan Ave Chicago Symphony Centre, Chicago, IL 60604-2596
Pass the Orchestra Hall, home of the famous Chicago Symphony Orchestra, and drive by President Obama's old neighborhood!
Pass By: Soldier Field, 1410 S Museum Campus Dr, Chicago, IL 60605-2902
Pass by the venerable home field of the Chicago Bears football team.
Pass By: The Art Institute of Chicago, 111 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60603-6110
Pass by the Art Institute of Chicago, which boasts a world-renowned collection of impressionist art.
Pass By: Chicago River, Chicago, IL
Cross the Chicago River.
Stop At: Lincoln Park Conservatory, 2391 N Stockton Dr At Stockton Dr., Chicago, IL 60614-3419
Enjoy a 20 minute stop at the Lincoln Park Conservatory botanical garden.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Lincoln Park Conservatory
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Average 3.87 out of 5 stars based on 319 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Antoine was a great guide. He was informative, funny, and aimed to please. It was a thoroughly comprehensive tour.
This tour was amazing , and I recommend it for the very first day that you're vising Chicago. It will give you an idea of what you would like to spend time seeing and what could be saved for another time .
Great trip seeing all the Chicago sites.
Not what we expected, it was an informative and really enjoyable tour, gave us a great insight to Chicago rich history and lots of stories to tell friends back home.
They went out of their way to make it fun.
Great tour and very informative
The best tour I've had in a long time. The best of everything in Chicago.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities