Chicago Architecture Foundation Center River Cruise aboard Chicago's First Lady
The Chicago Architecture Center River Cruise aboard Chicago's First Lady has long been the gold standard among all Chicago tour experiences, and is the only Chicago architecture boat tour led by highly trained expert docents. On this 90-minute cruise, you will enjoy an overview of historic and modern architectural styles including stories about the people who designed and built Chicago. No visit to Chicago is complete without experiencing this award winning tour, so accept no substitutes.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Board your luxurious boat at the Chicago's First Lady dock on the Chicago Riverwalk, just East of Michigan Avenue. Choose your guaranteed outdoor seat on the spacious outdoor deck for endless views of the skyline. Enjoy your 90-minute cruise fully narrated by a certified and local Chicago Architecture Center docent.
Highlights of the tour include more than 50 buildings along the Chicago River. Hear how Chicago grew from a small settlement into one of the world's largest cities in less than 100 years. Visit the full service cash bar (including locally sourced Chicago snacks) on the enclosed lower level. Each boat includes a climate-controlled salon with gracious picture windows, stately décor and elegant bathrooms.
Departures leave promptly, rain or shine. Dress Appropriately. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes early to redeem your voucher for a ticket at the dockside Box Office.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 112 E Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide (docents)
- River Sightseeing cruise
- Drinks & light snacks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off not available
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Your tickets will be held at the dockside box office for collection on the day of the cruise
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for children younger than 12 years
- Routes, specific vessels, and schedules are subject to change without notice
- All seating is General Admission. Boarding is on a first come, first serve basis
- Most departures wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.87 out of 5 stars based on 15 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Very informative tour along the Chicago River. While I did not try the tour offered by different provider, I chose this one as it is by the Architecture Foundation and volunteers of high level of education highlight the principal skyscrapers and their history. I strongly recommend
Dosen was wonderful, outgoing and friendly. She was very knowledgable.
I loved the tour and so did my out of town guest. I will certainly recommend this tour to everyone I know. I already have told two people that will be booking for October when they visit.
The lady who narrated our architectural tour was so knowledgeable! She made it very interesting. It was on time and ran the 90 minutes. The staff was excellent at boarding and exiting the tourists.
Nice ride on the river with excellent tour guide. Volunteer who at this time I do not remember his name, but he brought his own little slant to particular buildings.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-41402P1