Chattanooga Guided Walking Tour
Learn about Chattanooga’s rich architectural and Civil War history on Chattanooga's only guided walking tour! The tour is led by by local author/historian, J.D. Harper. J D will take you through the heart of downtown Chattanooga, passing by the Tennessee River Walk, Ross’s Landing, Tennessee Aquarium, The Historic Read House Hotel, The Tivoli Theatre and more. Along the way, J.D. will share fascinating details about America’s Scenic City and her captivating book, Glint.
Not your typical time traveling treasure hunt, Glint is an action adventure novel set in and around Chattanooga amid its rich Civil War history and rock climbing culture. The novel follows a 16-year-old rock climbing enthusiast and his two best friends as the trio hatch a get rich quick scheme: uncover buried treasure, after discovering a way to time travel back to Civil War era Chattanooga, circa 1863. With hints of history, mystery and romance, this tale of friendship will take you on the journey of a lifetime.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Chattanooga, Chattanooga, Tennessee
Learn about Chattanooga’s rich architectural and Civil War history on this tour through the heart of Downtown Chattanooga, led by local author, J D Harper. As you meander by the Tennessee River Walk, Ross’s Landing, Tennessee Aquarium, The Historic Read House Hotel, The Tivoli Theatre and more, J D will share fascinating details about America’s Scenic City and her fascinating book, Glint.
Pass By: Tennessee Aquarium, 1 Broad St, Chattanooga, TN 37402-1023
While on the guided walking tour, you will pass by the Tennessee Aquarium. Stroll through the Aquarium Plaza, designed to show the history and landscape of Chattanooga and the Tennessee Valley
Pass By: Ross's Landing Park, Chattanooga, TN
While on the guided walking tour, you will pass by Ross' Landing- the birthplace of Chattanooga. Learn fascinating history about the Cherokee Nation and view the country's largest public art depicting the Cherokee's history and culture.
Pass By: Chattanooga Visitors Information Center, W. Aquarium Way On the Pedestrian Plaza, next to Tennessee Aquarium, Chattanooga, TN 37402
The tour begins and ends at the Chattanooga Visitor Center. The Visitor Center is located in the heart of Downtown Chattanooga and adjacent to many top attractions that you might like to visit after the tour.
Pass By: National Medal of Honor Heritage Center, 2 W Aquarium Way Suite 104, Chattanooga, TN 37402-1000
Along the guided tour route, you will pass by the brand-new National Medal of Honor Heritage Center in downtown Chattanooga. The Heritage Center takes care of over 6,000 objects that help tell the story of Medal of Honor recipients and fellow veterans from the Civil War forward. These objects are tangible reminders of the sacrifice of our men and women in arms.
Pass By: High Point Climbing And Fitness, 1007 Appling St, Chattanooga, TN 37406-3704
As we walk along the guided tour route, pass by High Point Climbing Gym and even see climbing enthusiasts in action as we meander by. High Point one of the largest indoor rock climbing facilities in the country. Who knows, after the tour, you might want to come back here and try your hand at climbing too?!
Pass By: The Read House, 107 W M.L.K. Blvd, Chattanooga, TN 37402, USA
Learn the fascinating history of one of Chattanooga's oldest (and haunted) hotels- The Read House. The hotel has been on this site since 1847 so has been at the forefront of Chattanooga's rise to America's Scenic City.
Pass By: Ignis Glass Studio, 401 Broad St Suite 105, Chattanooga, TN 37402, USA
Pass by Ignis Glass Studio. If we are lucky, we may get to see the artisans at work creating beautiful blown-glass art. Ignis is located at the former home of Chattanooga's "wickedest woman," who we will learn about on the guided walking tour.
Pass By: Tivoli Theater, 709 Broad St, Chattanooga, TN 37402-1833
Learn the fascinating history of one of the South's oldest theatres as we pass by the famous Tivoli Theater on our guided walking tour. The Tivoli is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Pass By: AT&T Field, 201 Power Aly, Chattanooga, TN 37402-1026
Stroll by AT&T Field, home of the Chattanooga Lookouts Baseball Team on our Glint of Chattanooga guided walking tour. The Lookouts are a Double-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All Fees and Taxes
- Gratuities for the Tour Guide
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.50 out of 5 stars based on 4 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Chattanooga specialist!
Product code: C-267944P1
Similar Tours & Activities
Chattanooga: City Trolley Tour with Coker Automotive Museum visit
1.5-Hour Cemetery Ghost Hunt in Chattanooga
Participate in a Fun Scavenger Hunt in Chattanooga by Wacky Walks
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Chattanooga Make-Your-Own Custom Candle Crafts Class
Historic Downtown Chattanooga Segway Tour
Murder & Mayhem Haunted History Walking Tour