Nature Boat Tour with Certified Naturalist in Charleston
Join a certified naturalist on a 2-hour nature boat tour throughout Charleston's waterways. The small group will discover Charleston's abundant coastal wildlife, while cruising Charleston Harbor as well as landing on Morris Island where you will be able to explore on foot and look for shells and hopefully, find some shark's teeth. On the excursion, get a glimpse of Bottlenose dolphins and pull your crab pots to see how many crabs you caught that day. You will also see the amazing picturesque views of the skyline of Charleston and the Atlantic Ocean.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Coastal South Carolina, Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
On this tour of Charleston Harbor and its amazing waterways and incredible uninhabited islands, the guide will show you numerous species of shorebirds such as Great Blue Herons, Snowy Egrets, Eastern Brown Pelicans, and Least Terns in their natural habitat. You will also see dolphins that are often at play as they demonstrate their presence in the creeks and the harbor.
The small group will also see Morris Island, an 840-acre island that lies in the outer reaches of the harbor, which was strategically built because of its location in the American Civil War. Morris Island was heavily fortified to defend Charleston harbor and now is home to a beautiful ecosystem with amazing picturesque views.
The group will also explore Barrier Island as the naturalists will continue to explore the beach with you and explain the habitats of the abundant wildlife as seen in Charleston Harbors’ estuaries.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Fort Sumter National Monument, Charleston, SC 29482-9748
Pass by Fort Sumter as we make our way towards Morris Island.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Paid parking is available in the SC Aquarium Parking Garage (5 minute walk) or at the parking meters on Concord Street. Please keep in mind that street parking can sometimes be difficult to find. The Charleston Maritime Center (owned by the City of Charleston) sadly does not offer parking to the public. However, passengers are allowed to be dropped off. As you get closer to the water look for the blue & white Sandlapper Tours ticket booth on the left dock. Feel free to call if you have questions or need help.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- *Health Check* - If you or anyone in your group is experiencing COVID 19 symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour. *Masks Optional* - Masks are not required and are NOT provided. Recognizing that each guests have their own level of comfort, they are optional. BYOM
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 2 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities