Are you interested in?
Sorting, ranking, and search results
2-Hour Historic Charleston Guided Sightseeing Walking Tour
Every corner of Charleston hides a world of history. Join us as your guide shares with you hundreds of years of stories, history, and local knowledge. This is a relaxing 2-hour stroll through the quaint and charming streets of the historic district including the French Quarter and the residential area "South of Broad", all the while learning about the people and events that shaped Charleston.
Admission to the Powder Magazine Museum is included with the price of your walking tour! Just show them your ticket at the door. Visit the museum at your leisure before or after your walking tour. Located at 79 Cumberland St. Visit their website for more info and opening hours.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Charleston City Hall, 80 Broad St, Charleston, SC 29401-2225
The tour will begin in front of City Hall which is one of the pillars of the "Four Corners of Law" which also includes the Courthouse, the Post Office and St Michaels Church at the intersection of Meeting Street and Broad Street. From here you will explore many notable sites in the French Quarter and the residential area "South of Broad".
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: French Quarter, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Stops on the tour will vary but you can generally expect to see notable sites in the French Quarter including the Dock Street Theatre, St Philips Church, The Slave Mart Museum, The Powder Magazine, the French Huguenot Church and the Pink House as well as many others.
**Please note that stops on the tour may vary**
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Rainbow Row, 79 E Bay St # 107, Charleston, SC 29401-2544
Learn the history behind the famous Rainbow Row, one of the most photographed sites in Charleston. Rainbow Row is located in the "South of Broad" neighborhood which we will explore and includes many historically significant homes including the antebellum mansions located along the famous "Battery".
***Please note that stops along the tour may vary.***
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Battery & White Point Gardens, East Battery & Murray Blvd., Charleston, SC 29401
Explore the residential area "South of Broad" including the Battery with views over the water to Fort Sumter.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: The Battery, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
- 2-Hour Sightseeing Walking Tour of Historic Charleston
- Professional & Licensed Local Guide
- Stroll through the quaint and charming streets of the historic district
- Learn about the history and events that shaped Charleston
- Explore notable sites in the French Quarter
- Several popular points of interest including Rainbow Row
- Explore the residential area "South of Broad"
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are strongly advised
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour operates in all weather conditions. Please check the forecast prior to the tour.
- Please contact us directly if members of your group are booked under a different name so that we can assign you all to the same tour guide.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour start time.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.91 out of 5 stars based on 1468 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Charleston specialist!
Product code: C-8716P1
Similar Tours & Activities
Ghosts of Charleston Night-Time Walking Tour with Unitarian Church Graveyard
Charleston's Pleasing Terrors Night-Time Walking Ghost Tour
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Charleston’s Old South Carriage Historic Horse & Carriage Tour
Charleston walking tasting tour with Secret Food Tours
Charleston Harbor History Day-Time or Sunset Boat Cruise