Drayton Hall Plantation Admission Ticket in Charleston
Discover historic Drayton Hall, the oldest preserved Plantation house in America still open to the public. Founded in 1738, Drayton Hall is the nation’s earliest example of fully executed Palladian architecture. Enjoy a 45 minute self paced audio tour of this historic estate and complete your visit with a self-guided tour of the grounds as well as access to two galleries and an 18th century African-American cemetery. Explore Drayton Hall on this family-friendly excursion from downtown Charleston; guarantee admission to this popular site by booking ahead.
Visit: Drayton Hall, 3380 Ashley River Rd, Charleston, SC 29414-7126
Make your way to Drayton Hall, a short 13-mile drive from downtown Charleston. Drayton Hall is a must-see for anyone interested in South Carolina history, Palladian architecture, and culture.
See layers of history carefully preserved on the 125 acres that surround the main house with stunning views of the Ashley River, the reflecting pond, and the 18th-century live oak trees. Included in your All-Access Admission ticket, you will receive full access to the landscape, the Lenhardt Garden, an 18th century African-American cemetery, and a chance to view the Orientation Video. Guided introductory tours covering the history of the property will be given daily at 9am, 10am, 11am, and 1pm.
At the end of your visit, make your way back to downtown Charleston and enjoy your stay in the city.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 to 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Drayton Hall Plantation Admission Ticket in Charleston
2/18/2020 - 4/8/2024
Monday : 09:00 AM - 01:30 PM Wednesday : 09:00 AM - 01:30 PM Thursday : 09:00 AM - 01:30 PM Friday : 09:00 AM - 01:30 PM Saturday : 09:00 AM - 01:30 PM Sunday : 09:00 AM - 01:30 PM
- Orientation Video
- Lenhardt Garden
- 18th Century African-American Cemetery
- Free Parking
- Self Paced Audio Tour of the Historic Home
- Gates Gallery
- Almeida Gallery
- Entry/Admission - Drayton Hall
- Transportation to/from attractions
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Check-in with valid photo ID is required.
- Handicapped Accessible through exhibits, garden, museum shop, and walking trails (however wheelchairs, walkers and motorized scooters may have difficulty maneuvering on the unpaved paths). The guided House Tour does require walking up the portico steps into the house. Personal wheelchairs and scooters are prohibited on House Tours.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Last audio tour begins at 1:45pm
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.24 out of 5 stars based on 41 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Charleston specialist!
Product code: C-74894P1
Similar Tours & Activities
Boone Hall Plantation All-Access Admission Ticket
Drayton Hall Admission Ticket with Interpreter-Guided Tour
Charleston TourPass Attractions Pass for 1 or 2 Days
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Charleston’s Old South Carriage Historic Horse & Carriage Tour
Charleston walking tasting tour with Secret Food Tours
Charleston Harbor History Day-Time or Sunset Boat Cruise