Charleston Harbor Sightseeing Cruise with Live Narration
Set out on the calm waters of the Charleston Harbor for your 90-minute Charleston Harbor Tour. Your knowledgeable Licensed Charleston City Guide will share Charleston’s history as you cruise past notable American landmarks along the Charleston Harbor.
Study military landmarks such as Fort Sumter, where the American Civil War began in 1861. Then see the World War II aircraft carrier USS Yorktown, that is now a National Historic Landmark. Sail past the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, the third longest cable-stayed bridge in the Western Hemisphere. At Castle Pinckney, which secured its place on the National Register of Historic Places in 1970, hear about the small fortification was an artillery position during the American Civil War.
Throughout your tour you hear fascinating facts about Charleston and some of the city’s most prominent residents.
BONUS:Keep your eyes and camera ready for Bottlenose Dolphin that are commonly spotted in the Charleston Harbor playing alongside the tour boat!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gray Line of Charleston, 375 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29403-6238
Board your tour boat at Aquarium Wharf in downtown Charleston and set out on the calm waters of the Charleston Harbor for your 90-minute Charleston Harbor Tour. You knowledgeable Licensed Charleston City Guide will share Charleston’s history as you cruise past notable American landmarks along the Charleston Harbor.
Pass By: Fort Sumter National Monument, Charleston, SC 29482-9748
Study military landmarks such as Fort Sumter, where the American Civil War began in 1861. At Castle Pinckney, which secured its place on the National Register of Historic Places in 1970, hear about the small fortification was an artillery position during the American Civil War.
Pass By: Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum, 40 Patriots Point Rd, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464-4377
Then see the World War II aircraft carrier USS Yorktown, that is now a National Historic Landmark.
Pass By: Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, Charleston, SC
Sail past the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, the third longest cable-stayed bridge in the Western Hemisphere.
Pass By: Joe Riley Waterfront Park, Concord Street, Charleston, SC 29401-2129
Enjoy views of Charleston Waterfront Park
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: null
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 90-minute Charleston Harbor Sightseeing Cruise
- Live Narration by Knowledgeable Licensed Charleston City Guide
- See top Charleston sites such as Fort Sumter, USS Yorktown, Ravenel Bridge, and Castle Pinckney
- Hear enthralling tales of the city’s past as well as scintillating facts about her former citizens
- Food & Drinks (Cash Only Snack Bar Available)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
- Accesibility: Charleston Harbor Tour is not handicap accessible as we have steps that must be climbed in order to board.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.41 out of 5 stars based on 27 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Charleston specialist!
Product code: C-5608CRUI
Similar Tours & Activities
Historic Charleston Tour, Civil War in Charleston Tour
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Charleston’s Old South Carriage Historic Horse & Carriage Tour
Charleston walking tasting tour with Secret Food Tours
Charleston Harbor History Day-Time or Sunset Boat Cruise