Catalina Island Bison Expedition
Head out for an exciting expedition through favorite grazing grounds of Catalina's world famous bison, which are descendants of a small herd that was left on the island by a movie crew in the 1920's. This Tour also passes through Middle Ranch and up Cape Canyon to a scenic overlook on Black Jack Mountain.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Ideal choice for families
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catalina Island Company, Avalon, Catalina Island, CA 90704
Head out for an exciting expedition through favorite grazing grounds of Catalina's world famous bison, which are descendants of a small herd that was left on the island by a movie crew in the 1920's. This tour also passes through Middle Ranch and up Cape Canyon to a scenic overlook on Black Jack Mountain.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Catalina Island, Catalina Island, California
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.1/1/2019 - 12/31/2020
Monday: 09:30 AM - 10:00 AM Tuesday: 09:30 AM - 10:00 AM Wednesday: 09:30 AM - 10:00 AM Thursday: 09:30 AM - 10:00 AM Friday: 09:30 AM - 10:00 AM Saturday: 09:30 AM - 10:30 AM Sunday: 09:30 AM - 10:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Live commentary on board
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children must be at least 5 years old to participate
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, back problems, pregnant women, or those with any serious medical condition
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Departures Daily weather permitting
- Your tour is not confirmed with the local operator until you call the number located on your voucher to provide your voucher information and schedule your tour time. See voucher for details
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.25 out of 5 stars based on 12 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Charles was our driver and tour guide. He was absolutely incredible and full of knowledge. The entire group loved him. What a wonderful experience. Thanks for the fun filled tour.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Catalina Island specialist!
Product code: COOL-13327P8