The Anne Hutchinson Tour of Provincetown
Get an introduction to Provincetown from one of American history's most infamous. Decidedly NOT a Pilgrim, Anne Hutchinson knows her history well enough to have been banished from Massachusetts 400 years ago and will walk you through the center of town enlivening central sites poignant to Ptown's story. Don't expect a long trek (1 mi), but do expect the "licentiousness and sinful liberty" that got Anne banished long ago. This makes the tour for adults only. Receiving the seal of the Spirit that some have called comedy from Anne takes roughly an hour. Tour runs at least once daily. Remember, Anne's detractors felt she had "rather been a husband than a wife” and hoped to be "extolled and admired and followed after." You can now do just that by finding her 1600s epithet on social (@americanjesabel) for a sampling of this experience.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Provincetown, Provincetown, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Nearly 400 years ago, they said I had "rather bine a Husband than a Wife... a preacher than a Hearer" and banished me from Massachusetts.
Hm, well... I've been able to pull myself back and gain a toehold at the tip of the (now) state that United them all. Please join me in spreading my "corrupt opinions" once more on a history tour through Provincetown's center!
As the Puritans' worst nightmare and icon for renovating gender, I think you will find there is no better mouth from which to hear Ptown's story.
Leaning into foes' accusations of "Licentiousnesse and sinfull Liberty", some call my modern preaching comedy. Please understand therefore that the tour is for adults only.
Do not waste time in discovering the grace of true Christ in your souls and join me as a member of the Elect!
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 45 to 60 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: 1 Gosnold St, Provincetown, MA 02657, USA
- The Seal Of Christ
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Can tour be wheelchair accessible?: Yes, please contact.
- Only for adults
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Though Provincetown tourism is propelled by her face, Anne wears a mask during this outdoor tour and requires the same from attendees. For physical distancing, the tour has been limited to 10 people, but it can be taken privately by obtaining five or more spaces. Please message about this option.
Average 4.86 out of 5 stars based on 22 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities