Real Gold Mine Tour with, gold panning and more
A fun and historical mine tour in Breckenridge's only real open mine. Learn more about mining towns in the old days. Includes gold panning. In the summer we have two burros (miniature donkeys) who love to roam around and enjoy being petted and being fed! Search for YOUR fortune by gold panning the ore rich river. Kids (and adults!) can enjoy the ore chute slide and walk round the historic site.
Gold Rush Experience includes:
• Gold Mine Tour (Go 1000 feet underground)
• Gold Panning
• Slide the Ore Chute
• Historic Walk
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rocky Mountains, CO
In the midst of the majestic Rocky Mountains, the Country Boy Mine was one of the largest and most famous gold mines in Breckenridge, Colorado. Today, we invite you to visit the Country Boy Mine and enjoy the many activities the mine has to offer. Join us for a mine tour into a real gold mine at this historic restored mining site. While at the mine you can also gold pan, pet the burros, slide down the 55 foot ore chute, explore the authentic mine site, view the exhibits and equipment that were used in the mine and visit the general store. The Country Boy Mine has been offering mine tours for over 20 years. The Country Boy Mine is located 2 miles from downtown Breckenridge in Summit County, Colorado.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 60 to 120 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All Fees and Taxes
- Gold Panning
- Entry/Admission - Rocky Mountains
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Average 4.70 out of 5 stars based on 466 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor