“Boston in One Day” Sightseeing Bus Tour
Experience the very best of Boston in one day on this fully narrated sightseeing tour of the area's major sights. First, journey through the historic towns of Cambridge, Lexington and Concord to visit Cambridge Common, stand on the Lexington Battle Green, and follow the Battle Road Trail -- the route that Paul Revere took and where the Minutemen fought for freedom against the British during the American Revolutionary War. Then, a two hour motorcoach tour of Boston to see sights including Beacon Hill, the West End, the Seaport District and the site of the Boston Massacre. You’ll also spend time at Faneuil Hall Marketplace (also known as Quincy Market) and the USS 'Constitution.'
Top Sites Seen During Tour: North End (Little Italy/Fleet Center), New England Aquarium, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Old State House, Seaport District, USS Constitution, State House, Site of the Boston Massacre, Museum of Fine Arts, Beacon Hill, Copley Place, Back Bay, and Trinity Church.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Back Bay, Boston, MA
This neighborhood--one of the two most expensive residential areas in Boston--started as a bay. The bay was filled in during the 19th century to create the area now known by the name Back Bay. The area is known for its Victorian brownstones, the Boston Public Library, shopping, office high rises and upscale hotels.
Pass By: Lexington Green, Bedford St, Lexington, MA 02420-4403
Site of the first battle between the Minutemen and the Redcoats during the Revolutionary War.
Pass By: Battle Road Trail, Concord, MA
This route follows the trail taken by the British on their retreat to Boston after the battle of Lexington and Concord.
Pass By: Old State House, 206 Washington St, Boston, MA 02109-1702
America's oldest and most historic colonial building, the Old State House is now Boston's Revolutionary Museum
Pass By: Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA 02138
Each year, over 8 million men, women and children visit Harvard Square, home of Harvard University and an area filled with shops, restaurants, and more.
Pass By: USS Constitution Museum, Bldg 22 Charlestown Navy Yard Charlestown, Boston, MA 02129
Located across from the ship in the historic Boston National Park, Charlestown Navy Yard.
Pass By: Trinity Church, 206 Boylston St Copley Square, Boston, MA 02116-3916
This National Historic Landmark, one of America's great buildings, was built in 1877 by architect H.H. Richardson.
Pass By: Museum of Fine Arts, 465 Huntington Ave Avenue of the Arts, Boston, MA 02115-5597
Boston's oldest, largest and best-known art institution, the MFA houses one of the world's most comprehensive art collections and is renowned for its Impressionist paintings, Asian and Egyptian collections and early American art.
Stop At: Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House, 399 Lexington Rd, Concord, MA 01742-3712
Immortalized by Louisa May Alcott in the beloved classic, Little Women, Orchard House (c. 1670) is best known for being where the groundbreaking novel was written and set in 1868.
Pass By: Boston Massacre Site, 206 Washington St, Boston, MA 02109-1702
A circle of cobblestones in the street outside the Old State House marks the spot where British soldiers fired on a crowd, the event which many believe was the start of the Revolutionary War.
Pass By: Faneuil Hall Marketplace, 1 Faneuil Hall Sq Quincy Market, Boston, MA 02109-1604
Located in the heart of downtown Boston, this bustling complex of novelty carts, distinctive shops, national chain stores, performers, food stands and restaurants brought new life to a historic meeting place.
Pass By: Ralph Waldo Emerson House, 28 Cambridge Turnpike, Concord, MA 01742-3700
Home of author, Ralph Waldo Emerson
Stop At: Minute Man National Historical Park, 174 Liberty St, Concord, MA 01742-1705
The more than 900 acres of this national park run along the route of the battle of Lexington and Concord.
Pass By: TD Garden, 100 Legends Way, Boston, MA 02114-1300
As New England’s largest sports and entertainment arena, TD Garden is the home of the storied NHL’s Boston Bruins and NBA’s Boston Celtics franchises and hosts over 3.5 million people a year.
Pass By: Quincy Market, 4 S Market St, Boston, MA 02109-6201
Shopping center with many stores & restaurants comprising 3 historic market buildings & a promenade.
Pass By: USS Constitution, Bldg. 5, Charlestown Navy Yard, Boston, MA 02129
The USS Constitution Museum is located in the Charlestown Navy Yard, which is part of the Boston National Historical Park in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
Pass By: Fenway Park, 4 Yawkey Way, Boston, MA 02215-3409
Home of the Boston Red Sox
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: 8 Park Plaza, Boston, MA 02116, USA
2: Massachusetts, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
- Duration: 8 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Boston-In-One-Day Sightseeing Bus Tour
- See Boston plus visit 3 of Boston's neighboring historic towns: Cambridge, Concord, and Lexington
- Round-Trip Transportation Aboard Luxury Air-Conditioned Coach Bus
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off (select Boston hotels)
- Professional Driver/Guide
- Travel the famed route of Paul Revere’s midnight ride from Boston
- Travel past the homes of Longfellow, Hawthorne, Alcott & Emerson - renowned American authors
- Hear an Overview on Boston History and the USS Constitution
- Admission to "Orchard House", the historic home of Louisa May Alcott, author of "Little Women"
- Enjoy free time at Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market in Boston
- See top Boston sights such as Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall, Old State House, and more!
- Admission fee to Minute Man National Park
- Entry/Admission - Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House
- Entry/Admission - Minute Man National Historical Park
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Starting October 1, 2019 a $5.00pp fee will be charged by the National Park Service for entry into the Minute Man National Park. Entry fee is included with the price of your tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
This was a great tour. Sam I Am was a Excellent guide. He had lots of information and stories about the places he took our tour to. It was an enjoyable day. Was great idea for our first trip to Boston for sure! So glad we did this.
There is nothing better than seeing some of our Country's historic places where our freedom was founded, with a tour guide who is proud to be an American! Sam brought his vast knowledge and enthusiasm on the bus and by the end of the day - we ALL were proud to be Americans; learning much about the price other paid for our right to be a free country!! God Bless You Sam!!
This tour covered quite a bit of territory. It was very interesting. I like that certain fees were covered. Sam was good. He did smoke just outside the bus door, which wasn't okay with many. When asked to move he did. He did mention tipping often; that was unnecessary.
Sam and Joe were great guys. Lots of information and historical sites. Definitely would recommend this tour when you are in Boston.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-3978TOUR3