Private Full-Day Hilo Excursion to Volcanoes and Waterfalls
The price listed is for all 10 seats in a Mercedes Sprinter van. This custom private tour is fully narrated, Air Conditioned van. Tour picks up at the Hilo Port or Hilo location.
You will see the Best of the Volcanoes National Park, Rainbow Falls, Japanese Gardens (Hilo suffered large Tsunamis in 1946 & 1960). The most famous black sand beach Punaluʻu and possible turtles! Other optional stops see below.
With Private Tours you have the ability to spend more times seeing what you want. If there are things you want to see please contact me. I am happy to modify tours based on your needs.
Optional Stops/Sights and frequently requested listed below. We can usually fit 1 to 4 of the Optional stops depending on time:
* Volcano Winery (usually about an hour, $10 and $20 flights) OR Hilo Coffee Farm
* Orchid Farm or Big Island Candies
This is a 7 Hour Tour so it is possible to see all these locations with Time management. This tour guarantees to get you back on the Ship on time.
Visit: Liliuokalani Gardens, Banyan Drive, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720-4680
Beautiful bay and garden
Duration: 15 minutes
Visit: Rainbow Falls, Waianuenue Avenue, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
Brief stop to see the famous Rainbow Falls
Duration: 15 minutes
Visit: Punalu'u Black Sand beach, Highway 11, Pahala, Island of Hawaii, HI 96777
The most famous black sand beach and possibly turtles.
Duration: 30 minutes
Visit: Volcano National Park, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI
There are several notable stops here. We pay the entry to the Park to speed things up, we just ask we be paid back $12/adult.
Duration: 2 hours
Visit: Akatsuka Orchid Gardens, 11-3051 Volcano Road, Volcano, Island of Hawaii, HI 96785
Savor orchids that smell like chocolate. An orchid appraised for $20,000 can often be seen here.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 7 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes Benz Sprinter van
- Water / Snacks
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Liliuokalani Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Rainbow Falls
- Entry/Admission - Punalu'u Black Sand beach
- Entry/Admission - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Entry/Admission - Akatsuka Orchid Gardens
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Entrance fees Volcanoes National Park $15 per person
- Alcoholic Beverages
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Car seats available for smaller children, please let us know if you are traveling with children under 8 years old.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities