Kohala Coast & Waterfalls Helicopter Tour from Kona on Hawaii Island
Fly with Paradise to the Kohala Valleys to hover amidst the breathtaking 2500’ waterfalls and sheer cliff faces. En route, you will witness frozen lava flows on the Kona and Kohala coasts from the 1801 Hualalai eruption and the 1859 Mauna Loa eruption, which traveled over 31 miles before reaching the now world-famous Kohala Coast. Dotting the shoreline along the way, you can pick out pristine white and black sand beaches -- including Mahai’ula, Kiholo, Anaeho’omalu and Hapuna – to visit during your stay! Upon arriving to the lush landscape of Kohala, your pilot will not only show you its rugged coastline, home to dramatic valleys, but will also educate you about this region’s significance in Hawai'ian history as the birthplace of Hawai’i’s most famous alii, Kamehameha the Great. Departing from the Kona International Airport, this 60-minute tour is a great choice for guests wanting to see the beauty of Kohala, without sacrificing beach time for drive time.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kohala Coast, Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Venture deep into uninhabited valleys that showcase Hawai‘i’s wild, untamed beauty. Water cascades down soaring sheer valley walls, and surf pounds rocky cliffs and secluded beaches.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for anyone over 5 years old, unless a medical condition prevents it. If COVID-like symptoms are observed, temperature may be taken and we may reschedule your flight.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities