Manta Ray Night Snorkel Kona, Big Island
Our viewing location is the most ideal manta viewing location. We have just a short 5 minute boat ride out to our snorkel destination. Using our state of the art viewing board, our expert in water crew will guide you through the bay to view these beautiful animals. Enjoy approximately 45 minutes of in water viewing time. To end the night, hot tea is served to warm you right up!
This exciting night snorkel with Magnificent Manta Rays is an event you will never forget! This is a close encounter of a different kind, and you'll have memories to last a lifetime!
What can be better than viewing manta rays in the wild? Come aboard our vessel as we set out into the Pacific Ocean on a short cruise to the mouth of Keauhou Bay for in in water observation of the the manta rays. Let our expert "in water" guides give you an experience of a lifetime. Imagine floating in a dark ocean near the water’s surface as you hold on to our state of the art flotation device outfitted with lights when giant prehistoric, creatures with wingspans over 12’ glide silently and effortlessly into view from out of the inky dark boundaries of light. As they feed, the manta ray will swim while doing somersaults (barrel rolls) and turning gracefully in the beams of piercing light, giving you the most unforgettable snorkel adventure ever!
Manta Ray viewing is a bucket list item for all who visit us here on the Big Island. Come see what the excitement is all about.
• Dolphin Discoveries, 78-7138 Kaleiopapa St Keauhou Bay, Boat Launch Ramp, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Hot Tea
- Short Sleeve Wetsuit tops
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Your "in water" guides work very hard. Gratuity is always appreciated.
- Please bring a towel for after snorkeling
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Minimum age to participate is 6 years
- A maximum of 16 people per booking
- Electronic Waiver required to be signed prior to tour
- Near public transportation
- Must be able to climb up a metal ladder resting on a pontoon to get back in the boat
- Must be under 285lbs
- All participating guests must know how to swim and tread water
- Arrive 5-10 min prior to check-in time to find parking
- This is a wild and free excursion. No refunds are given in the event we do not get to view mantas the night of your tour.
- If you are unable to swim and would like to remain on the boat, we welcome you. "Ride alongs" are a paid ticket as it is a reserved seat on the boat.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We have full discretion to refuse service to guests based on attire, behavior, physical fitness & condition
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Average 4.97 out of 5 stars based on 29 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities