Are you interested in?
Sorting, ranking, and search results
Manta Ray Night Snorkel Tour from Kona
The manta ray night snorkel was voted "one of the top 10 things to do in your life" by the Travel Channel! Experience the Kona manta ray snorkel yourself and see what all the fuss is about. You'll journey only five minutes off the Big Island's west coast to reach the snorkeling site. As the vessel's diving lights shine through the crystal-clear water, these gentle giants arrive to feed on plankton. This is an event for those who are 7 years of age and up, and have had previous snorkeling experience and are confident swimming in the dark.
- Snorkel gear included
- Close encounter with wildlife
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fair Wind Big Island Ocean Guides, 78-7130 Kaleiopapa St, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740-2527
Although you are able to view mantas during daylight hours, they feed most actively at night when many plankton rises towards the water's surface. By using dive lights that are safe for the mantas, you'll be able to attract and get close to the mantas.
Unlike sting rays, mantas are very gentle and don't have teeth, stingers or barbs. These big and beautiful animals are truly amazing, boasting wingspans that can exceed 15 feet (4.5 meters) in width! They are completely safe to be around, so hop aboard for the aquatic experience of a lifetime!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Manta ray night snorkel
- Use of snorkel equipment, wetsuit and instruction
- Warm soup, bread rolls, and hot drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Beer and Wine (available to purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for non-swimmers, beginner swimmers, and those without snorkeling experience
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.61 out of 5 stars based on 105 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
This was one of the most amazing experiences I have had. We saw around half a dozen different manta rays, sometimes alone and sometimes swimming in groups. Some of them came extremely close to us, even inches away from my face. Some of them swam together, almost in synchronized fashion. It was mesmerizing. Keep in mind that even though wetsuits are provided, the water was quite cold. The staff was great about helping people that wanted to get back to the boat rather than spending the full hour available in the water although I recommend staying as some of the most amazing encounters we had were near the end of the hour! The warm soup and hot chocolate when we got out of the water were the perfect way to cap off the experience.
Seeing the manta rays feed was one of the most unique and incredible travel experiences I have ever had. The tour ran very smoothly and the crew was lovely. Highly recommend!
This tour was amazing!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Big Island of Hawaii specialist!
Product code: C-3226MANTA
Similar Tours & Activities
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Experience
Snorkel Tour to Captain Cook Monument Kailua-Kona, Big Island
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Big Island in a Day: Volcanoes, Waterfalls, Sightseeing, History
Night Manta Ray Adventure on the Big Island, Hawaii
Manta Ray Night Snorkel