Manta Magic - Night Manta Ray Snorkel At Manta Village, Kona, Hawaii
Avoid the crowds of the other "cattle boats" in Kona, and enjoy a small-group manta ray snorkeling experience with a maximum of 12 passengers.
This tour departs from Keahou Harbor in South Kona and enjoys a short 5-minute boat ride to our snorkeling site, Manta Village.
Your Captain and snorkel guide will educate you on Kona's famous manta rays and will discuss our safe and humane approach to engaging with the gentle giants.
After entering the water, you'll hold onto our lightboard, with your feet propped up by floatation devices, as the manta rays perform a graceful ballet beneath you. The manta rays filter feed on plankton that naturally gathers at the surface just before sunset, then accumulates underneath our lights. This is an opportunity to enjoy an evening on the water and watch in amazement as the manta rays glide around and dance for you.
We are proud to be a Green Listed company, and we take an environmentally cautious approach to our interactions with the manta rays.
Come aboard the Pueo Kai 2, and enjoy a small-group manta ray snorkeling experience with up to 12 passengers. Snorkeling with Kona's famous manta rays is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that The Travel Channel called "one of the top 10 things to do in your lifetime."
After a quick 5-minute boat ride, we'll arrive at the aptly named "Manta Village."
You'll enter the water as Kona's famous manta rays feed on plankton accumulating under our light boards. The manta rays may fly by our light boards as they feast on plankton, and they may even hang around and do "barrel rolls" beneath us, as they come back for more and more plankton. Every night is different.
After 30-45 minutes in the water, depending on sea conditions and manta ray feeding behavior, you will be guided back to the boat.
We see manta rays about 92% of the time. While we expect to see them every night, manta rays are wild animals and they do take nights off from Manta Village about 8% of the time. If this happens, we will offer you a free trip on any available charter. Since our tours typically sell out several days in advance, we recommend you book this tour as early as possible during your stay on Hawaii Island.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Wetsuit (optional)
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Transportation to/from attractions
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not recommended for travelers with spinal injuries
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
- Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
- Must be able to swim without the assistance of a floatation device.
- A ticket is required for all passengers, regardless of age or whether they are entering the water.
- Maximum weight of 280 pounds per traveler.
- Not recommended for travelers with neck problems.
- Snorkel equipment is sanitized between uses.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Average 4.92 out of 5 stars based on 487 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought