Are you interested in?
Sorting, ranking, and search results
Group Surf Lesson in Kona Hawaii
You never forget your first wave, as surfing enthusiasts in Hawaii are prone to say, so make sure your first wave is a good one with a small-group surf lesson on the Big Island. This 2-hour Kona surf lesson starts with the basics, like surfing safety, etiquette and how to paddle and pop up on the board. Then take to the water to practice your newfound skills on the waves of Kahalu'u Bay! A knowledgeable surfing instructor will be in the water with you, telling you when to paddle and when to pop up. It’s a Hawaiian experience everyone should try at least once!
Kahaluu Bay is the best beginner surfing spot in Kona, Hawaii. You will meet your instructor at our surf shop which is located directly across the street from where you will be surfing. Upon arrival you will be outfitted with a SPF rashguard and reef shoes. After a brief safety and land demonstration on how to properly paddle and stand up on your surfboard, you will practice your skills on the gentle rolling waves of Kahaluu Bay. Your instructor will guide you along the way helping you to catch waves and offer tips to improve your skills!
• Kahaluu Bay, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Surfboard, Rashguard, Reef shoes
- Swimsuit, towel, sunscreen
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.96 out of 5 stars based on 24 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Big Island of Hawaii specialist!
Product code: C-6323P2
Similar Tours & Activities
Beach Yoga with Silent Disco Headphones at Old Airport Beach
Private Surf Lesson on the Big Island
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Big Island in a Day: Volcanoes, Waterfalls, Sightseeing, History
Night Manta Ray Adventure on the Big Island, Hawaii
Manta Ray Night Snorkel