Are you interested in?
Sorting, ranking, and search results
Experience Hawai'i Big Island Helicopter Flight from Kona
Get breathtaking views of Hawaii from the air! On this deluxe, two-hour helicopter tour of the Big Island, you’ll take off from Kona and fly above spectacular waterfalls, along the coastline and over the Waipio and Waimanu valleys. Soar above rainforests, macadamia nut orchards and live volcanoes. Enjoy executive seating in a Bell 407 helicopter.
For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the preferred seating option.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Qualified and professional pilot
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Volcano National Park, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI
Take off from Kona in a comfortable, low-vibration, six-seat Bell 407 helicopter, and soar south along the coast and then east to Kilauea in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Pass By: Kilauea, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI
This exciting two-hour tour from Kona will introduce you the Big Island’s beautiful and powerful features, including the active volcano of Kilauea, where if you're lucky, you'll see actual lava flow from the crater.
Pass By: Mauna Loa, Volcano, Island of Hawaii, HI
See the most recent volcanic activity and look for flowing lava before heading to the north end of the island.
Pass By: Mauna Kea Summit, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI
Climb between the volcanic peaks of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea, enjoying the fantastic views from the helicopter’s oversized sliding windows, perfect for taking photos.
Pass By: Waipi'o Valley, Island of Hawaii, HI
Revel in the beauty of ocean cliffs and tropical rainforests, where you'll dive between mist-shrouded peaks.
Pass By: Hamakua Coast, Highway 19, north of Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96727
Admire the cool mountain waterfalls and the deep green valleys of the Hamakua Coast before returning to Kona, where you can spot the million-dollar resorts that dot the coast.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 08:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 100-120 minute helicopter tour
- Two-way headset communication with your pilot
- Live commentary on board
- Parking Fees
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to weather, flights may be 100 to 120 minutes in length
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
- Helicopter holds 6 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- All guests weighing 270 lbs or more when weighed at check-in, will be required to purchase an additional empty seat less 15% before fuel surcharge to safely balance the aircraft. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Seating is assigned based on weight and balance following guidelines which have been approved by the FAA. We cannot guarantee seats as the weight of guests must be balanced within the aircraft.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A seat upgrade is not a guarantee; however, if you purchase a co-pilot and/or window seat upgrades, we will do our best to seat you in your purchased location. If we cannot accomodate a seat upgrade due to weight and balance requirements for your flight (or for any other reason), we will refund your upgrade purchase at check-in.
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Mask Mandate is no longer in effect after March 26, 2022. However, all guests on state airport property will be required to wear a mask through 18 April 2022 per the TSA guideline. If guests appear to be experiencing any symptoms of illness, they may be asked to wear a mask or fly at another date.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Average 4.62 out of 5 stars based on 106 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Big Island of Hawaii specialist!
Product code: C-5120_H0005
Similar Tours & Activities
Private Custom Van Full-Day Guided Tour on Big Island of Hawaii
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Big Island in a Day: Volcanoes, Waterfalls, Sightseeing, History
Night Manta Ray Adventure on the Big Island, Hawaii
Manta Ray Night Snorkel