Are you interested in?
Sorting, ranking, and search results
Dolphin Watch & Snorkel Captain Cook Monument Big Island Kailua-Kona Hawaii
Drawing on years of experience, our captains and crew will take you up close and personal with the dolphin. As we search for these beautiful creatures in the warm tropical waters off the coast, our crew will share their knowledge about these fascinating creatures, how they live and their role in the ocean’s ecosystem. Nearly every day, year-round we are able to encounter these beautiful animals in their natural habitat.
Join us to see the Hawaiian Spinner Dolphin as they should be, Wild and Free! Let our naturalist guides take you on a journey that your whole family will enjoy and talk about for years to come. Including getting some great photo opportunities as the Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins leap and spin out of the water and snorkeling a pristine reef at the Captain Cook Monument. As we search for these beautiful creatures in the warm tropical waters, our crew will share their knowledge about our Dolphin’s life cycle, habitats, and behaviors. Nearly every day, year-round, we are able to encounter these beautiful animals in their natural habitat. You may glimpse their torpedo-shaped bodies darting smoothly through the waves, swimming and rolling in formation, like synchronized swimmers. Or you may observe a pod off in the distance, leaping high into the air as they travel together. After we’ve spent time viewing these beautiful dolphins we’ll cruise the coast line looking for other marine life. You’ll see sea caves, sea arches and learn some Hawaiian History. We’ll end our day snorkeling at one of the best snorkeling reefs in the world, Kealakekua Bay, home of the Captain Cook Monument.
• Dolphin Discoveries, 78-7138 Kaleiopapa St Keauhou Bay, Boat Launch Ramp, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 07:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Naturalist guides
- Snacks, fruit, juice and bottled water
- Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Flotation Aids included
- Gratuities for your crew always appreciated
- Please bring towel, cover-up & easy to remove shoes
- Use reef safe sunscreen only (zinc based recommended-no oxybenzone or octinoxate, lotion, NO spray)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age requirement is 6yrs old
- Must be comfortable swimming in the ocean
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Electronic Waiver required to be signed prior to tour
- We do not offer refunds in the event we do not see dolphin as they are wild animals.
- Must be under 285lbs
- Must be able to climb up a metal ladder to get back in the boat
- Our vessels are RHIBS (zodiac style boats; seating is on a pontoon).
- We have full discretion to refuse service to guests based on attire, behavior, physical fitness & condition
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with neck problems
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Follow the State's testing requirements. All gear is cleaned and disinfected after each use. All disinfectant products used are EPA approved. Each boat is sanitized after each trip.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.77 out of 5 stars based on 75 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Big Island of Hawaii specialist!
Product code: C-89864P4
Similar Tours & Activities
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Experience
UltimateSnorkeling Adventures in Kailua Kona Hawaii. Family Charters Since 1996
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Big Island in a Day: Volcanoes, Waterfalls, Sightseeing, History
Night Manta Ray Adventure on the Big Island, Hawaii
Manta Ray Night Snorkel