Are you interested in?
Sorting, ranking, and search results
Big Island Volcano Deluxe Helicopter Tour
Experience the fiery lava vents of one of the most active volcanoes in the world, Kilauea. Let our Black Beauties whisk you through the hidden tropical valleys of the Kohala mountains, alive with dozens of roaring waterfalls, and lift you above the beautiful rainforest of the Hamakua coast.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sunshine Helicopters Big Island, 62-100 Kaunaoa Dr Hapuna Helipad, Waimea, Island of Hawaii, HI 96743-9749
The Island of Hawaii is the youngest island in the Hawaiian chain and is also by far the biggest, providing a vast canvas of environments to discover a variety of unrivaled natural wonders. This is the home of Kilauea, one of the world’s most active volcanoes; Mauna Kea, the tallest sea mountain in the world at more than 33,000 feet; Mauna Loa, the most massive mountain in the world, and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, the largest park in the state.
All but two of the world’s climate zones generate everything from lush rain forests to volcanic deserts and snow-capped mountaintops to beautiful black sand beaches
Experience the fiery lava vents of one of the most active volcanoes in the world, Kilauea. Let our Black Beauties whisk you through the hidden tropical valleys of the Kohala mountains, alive with dozens of roaring waterfalls, and lift you above the beautiful rainforest of the Hamakua coast
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- HD video of actual flight on USB (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Weight Restriction: It is important that we have accurate body weight from every passenger. FAA regulations require all passengers to be weighed at time of check-in. Any passenger weighing 290 lbs. or more will require a comfort seat. Call reservations for more information.
- Scuba Diving: No scuba diving 24 hours prior to helicopter tour departure time.
- Children: A child 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult’s lap. Please provide child’s weight at time of booking. Children 2 yrs. and older must occupy a seat with seat belt on and are charged full fare.
- Check-in: Check-in is minimum 45 minutes prior to your tour departure time. For your safety and comfort, hats and over sized bags are not permitted on the flight line or in the helicopter. Please leave these items in your automobile. Bring picture I.D.
- All Flights Include: Ground safety briefing, pilot personal narration and choreographed music recorded on the live digital video, Stereo aviator headsets with individual volume control, custom built digital recording system, polarized bubble windows, air-conditioned climate control, custom interiors and much more!
- Routes & Flight Time: Sunshine does not fly any specific routes but has many sights within the area of a described tour that we intend to visit during a tour. Sights may vary due to weather. Flight times are estimates and may vary a few minutes.
- Actual Flight Video: A high-definition video of your actual flight narrated and orchestrated by your pilot is available on USB for purchase.
- Photography: Bring camera and wear a dark colored shirt to reduce glare on the plexiglass windows.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Average 4.74 out of 5 stars based on 160 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Big Island of Hawaii specialist!
Product code: C-100824P5
Similar Tours & Activities
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Big Island in a Day: Volcanoes, Waterfalls, Sightseeing, History
Night Manta Ray Adventure on the Big Island, Hawaii
Manta Ray Night Snorkel