Big Island Sunset Flight from Kona
Capture the beauty of Hawaii from above on a 2-hour sunset flight over the Big Island from Kona. Aboard a Cessna skymaster with two engine realibility for your safety. Pressurized for your comfort, soar over volcanoes, waterfalls, mountains and valleys along the Hamakua coast while enjoying narration from your expert pilot. Gaze at the fiery eruption of Kilauea Volcano, one of the most active volcanoes on earth, and watch the sun dip behind Mauna Loa, considered the largest volcano on earth. Every seat is a window seat, so you won’t miss a beat.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Qualified and professional pilot
Make your way to Kona International Airport in the early evening to meet your pilot and hop aboard a sate-of-the-art Cessna 208 Jet-Prop Caravan plane. Savor the excitement as you take to the skies above the Big Island.
View cascading waterfalls, lush green valleys and towering mountains along the Hamakua coast. Fly over fiery Kilauea Volcano, where, at dusk, the red-hot lava flows can best be viewed. Look west to Mauna Loa, considered the largest volcano on Earth, to enjoy a beautiful Hawaiian sunset.
Your pilot offers narration about the sights, history and topography of Hawaii as you fly. Every seat is a window seat, so you’ll be treated to great views throughout your whole flight, which lasts 2 hours, before arriving back in Kona.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 4:30 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Live commentary on board
- Landing fee and fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Headsets to hear pilot commentary
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Maximum weight per person is 220 lbs
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- 23 months infant weight combination with the adult must not exceed to 220 lbs
- Exceeding 220 lbs can purchase 2 seats.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 1 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
2 thumbs up to Captain Daryl and the team at Big Island Air. Grateful that they still honored the tour even though there was only 1 other passenger besides me and my mom. Even if it were a full group, every seat gets their own window - no middle seat problem as you would have in a helicopter. And when we reached the main attraction where the lava meets the ocean, Captain Daryl circled in close and tight making sure we got to see the show.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities