Big Island Photo Tour: Waterfalls and Tropical Botanical Garden
This full-day photography tour offers an in-depth look at Big Island’s beauty and diversity. Known for having 8 out of 13 climate zones, Big Island has an abundance of breathtaking views that will delight creatives and adventurers alike! Throughout the day, your professional guide will share history, culture, smartphone and DSLR photography tips and techniques.
Drive on the scenic Saddle Road and marvel at the most massive mountains in the world. You will get the opportunity to photograph the black lava fields with the caps of these mountains covered in Hawaiian snow.
In the morning you will visit the famous Rainbow and the Akaka Falls while hiking through the rainforest. In addition, explore Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden, a spectacular nature preserve
After local style picnic lunch in the garden, We end this photo journey with the dramatic backdrop of lush and tall cliffs drop into the sparkling blue ocean next to the longest black sand beach in Hawaii at Waipio Valley Lookout.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Saddle Road, Hawaii Highway 200, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI
The morning begins with a spectacular drive on Saddle Road, a highway nestled between the world’s tallest sea mountain Mauna Kea and the world’s most massive mountain Mauna Loa. You will get the opportunity to photograph the black lava fields with the caps of these mountains covered in Hawaiian snow.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Rainbow Falls, Waianuenue Avenue, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
A drive down to Hilo town will greet you with a burst of energy as the splendid waterfalls await - capture the famous Rainbow Falls while you hear the unrivaled power of water coursing down hundreds of feet
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hawaii Tropical Bioreserve and Garden, 27-717 Old Mamalahoa Hwy, Papaikou, Island of Hawaii, HI 96781-7746
Continue to a garden nestled in a valley by the ocean – Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden. This highly acclaimed garden allows you to take up-close shots of rare and exotic flora- over 1,800 species of tropical plants including orchids, banana groves & more in a tranquil setting, as well as a cascading waterfall.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Akaka Falls State Park, End of Akaka Falls Road Off Hwy 220, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96728
kaka Falls. This towering 442-foot (135-meter) waterfall plummets into a lush ravine at the center of a state park. You’ll enjoy a short walk through the vegetation for an up-close view and plenty of photo opportunities.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Waipio Valley Lookout, 48-5546 Waipio Valley Rd, Honokaa, Island of Hawaii, HI 96743
We end this photo journey with the dramatic backdrop of lush cliffs at Waipio Valley Lookout.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 9 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: null
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Rain Jacket
- Entry/Admission - Hawaii Tropical Bioreserve and Garden
- Entry/Admission - Akaka Falls State Park
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.50 out of 5 stars based on 2 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Big Island of Hawaii specialist!
Product code: C-6651P5
Similar Tours & Activities
Hawaiian Salt Farm Tour
Mauna Kea Stargazing Experience + Photos
Private Sprinter Van 10 Seats tour from Kona Coast to Volcanoes National Park
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Big Island in a Day: Volcanoes, Waterfalls, Sightseeing, History
Night Manta Ray Adventure on the Big Island, Hawaii
Manta Ray Night Snorkel