Are you interested in?
Sorting, ranking, and search results
Big Island Farms Tour in Hawaii
Big Island Farms is spread across 64 acres along the breathtaking Hamakua Coast overlooking the Pacific Ocean with panoramic views from Waipio to Hilo. The farm is carved into two large sections by the historic Hamakua canal which brings water from the pristine Kohala forest preserve and provides irrigation to the lower (makai) section of the property.
The upper (Mauka) portion, which is above the canal, of the farm is planted in organically grown Macadamia nuts and Kukui nuts (candle nut). The lower portion below the canal is a diverse collection of permaculture food forests, a variety of themed gardens, coconut orchards and living spaces for our Big Island educational programs. The gardens contain over 200 unique species of edible and medicinal plants including: Coffee, Banana, Papaya, Cassava, Taro, Ginger, Turmeric, Cacao, Avocado, Breadfruit, Coconut, Sugar Can, Sweet Potatoes, Kukui, Ti (KI) and a wide variety of Bamboos just to name a few.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Island of Hawaii, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
While learning about regenerative design concepts, your guide will share fresh tropical fruits right off the trees and you will experience a range of stimulating olfactive sensations sampling curry leaves, cranberry hibiscus and neem leaves, just to name a few. We offer a full hour interactive tour during which your guide will inform and interact to make sure your entire family is fully engaged with an occasional spot quiz. From young children to adults, we have a wide range of sharing’s that will make it a perfect family excursion.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Sample farm edibles
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.56 out of 5 stars based on 9 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Big Island of Hawaii specialist!
Product code: C-338765P1
Similar Tours & Activities
Kohala Waterfalls Small Group Adventure Tour
The Ultimate Waterfall Experience (Private Tour)
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Big Island in a Day: Volcanoes, Waterfalls, Sightseeing, History
Night Manta Ray Adventure on the Big Island, Hawaii
Manta Ray Night Snorkel